Any Suggestions For DVD's - Next Question

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Any Suggestions For DVD's - Next Question

Postby HunterD » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:28 am

Well I got the DVD and being the way I am have been watching and blowing the crap out of my call. My sound is not near as deep as I would have thought and I still have to work out some noises, which brings me to my next question.

Sometimes the TG super mag (not the pro super mag) goes high to the point its a horn and I am finding that mouth cavity and back pressure (hand position) are what I am trying to control most. My question is if anyone knows, is this is indicative of this style of call or if another call may be easy to blow. I am also finding that its easier to blow long strands of fast clucks and honks then the simple begginer portions. Whats up with that? So if any bodys wants to put their two cents in . . 1) more practice? or 2) different call? or 3) both?
HunterD
hunter

Postby golfhuntsleep » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:33 pm

If it sounds like a high pitched kazoo....you are not presenting air properly....no matter what call your trying to make......make sure the air you are presenting is like fogging a mirror not blowing on soup to cool it down............practice fogging a mirror and the calling will improve fast
golfhuntsleep
hunter

Postby Erik Olsen » Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:46 pm

more practice
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
Erik Olsen
hunter

Postby HunterD » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:08 am

Thanks for the tips and keep them comin . .

Its not really sounding like a kazoo, but like I said about the DVD and the notes he is getting are different than what I am getting when I do it.

Example . . the Gah Gah Gah sound at the beginging of the vidio .. when I do this its a straight cluck (no real break) so I'm thinking he is doing something else as well. He is getting a full out note and a draw.

I'll keep practicing and maybe stumble across something.

Come this spring I think I am going to try to get a goose calling meeting/bar-b-que going at one of the local woods and see how many people show interest in getting together and blowing goose calls.
HunterD
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum