what do you think??

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

what do you think??

Postby sactownslayer4 » Sat Nov 04, 2006 10:20 pm

would be the best call for a beginner goose caller...any help would be greatly appreciated
sactownslayer4
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 11:55 am

im pretty new at calling and after trying several calls (quackhead goozilla, K&H pitboss, and a few miscellanious others) i just bought the cheaper echo poly goose call and it think its just great. its REALLY easy to use and sounds pretty darned goosey. the others were pretty good too, but this one is by far my favorite so far :thumbsup:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:23 pm

With duck calls I don't mind a cheap one, but with a goose call the higher end calls sound better to me. I have a HG 007 and absolutely love it. The zinks polys sound pretty good too and are easy to blow. I've tried just about all of em out higher and lower end and the Zinks and the Grounds are the only ones I really like. But it's all about personal preference try everything you can out first and then go with what sounds goosey to you.
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby josholney » Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:23 am

I would buy a high end acrylic call right off the bat. The reason for this is once you get into calling you know you are going to buy one later on. Why not buy one now so you wont have to make the switch. Spend the money, you can get away with cheap duck calls but nothing sounds as good as an acrylic goose call.

I own the foiles strait meat honker. I bought it not even knowing how to call. It takes about a year to sound good but I use it hunting and in calling competitions. You get what you pay for!
josholney
hunter

Postby plainsman » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:25 pm

When I started out with shortreeds, I used a Winglock delrin. It's a very easy call to use and not alot of $$$$ either.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby wigeon1040 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:49 pm

Depending on how much you know about calling and how much practice you have had with other types of calls is a big part. If you haven't had much experience with calls I would highly recomend going with a long reed goose call over a short reed, they are much easier to blow and sound alot more like a real goose. My recomendation for a easy to blow good call for the money is the Glynn Scobey long reed. It is only about $35-$40 you can check it out at the website http://glynnscobey.com/
This is the type of call I learned on and the call that most of my buddies started on.

Good luck with whatever call it is that you try and remember with any call practice and patience is the key when learning :thumbsup:
wigeon1040
hunter

Postby calikid » Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:45 pm

thanks for all the info...thanks for that website wigeon1040
calikid
hunter

Postby Benelli Slinger » Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:34 pm

big river long honker flute. easy to blow and make complicated sounds with, not a short reed, not a perfect goose sound, but for a beginner it does the trick, and its 20 bucks
Benelli Slinger
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum