Cackler calls...

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Cackler calls...

Postby chrispbrown27 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:27 pm

I've been thinking about buying one for a few years now and would like to hear some opinions. Most of the areas I hunt Grounds super mag's, Zinks and Foiles are standard issue and I've always believed in throwing something different at em, so I was thinking maybe a higher pitched call like a cackler might be the ticket. I know RNT makes a dirty bird cackler and Foiles makes a cackler, but are there any more out there? I heard the Foiles online and didn't care much for it from what I heard. The RNT one doesn't have a link to hear the calls and I haven't been able to get my hands on one so I don't know what it sounds like. Anyone out there have one or gotten a chance to blow one? Let me know what ya know.
Chris
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Postby chrispbrown27 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 3:24 pm

No one uses or has used a cackler call?
Vegetarian- Indian word for lousy hunter.
chrispbrown27
hunter

Cackler calls

Postby Brant » Tue Nov 07, 2006 4:26 pm

I have a Foiles Cackler,I've used it in Saskatchewan for Lessers but not on big geese,I'm thinking of trying it on the local honkers,but I have to tune it first!I think Basin Abomination makes one,and so does Bill Saunders,I think! Brant
Brant
hunter

Postby LFC » Wed Dec 13, 2006 7:00 am

Sorry for the late response. The Saunders I5-KLR worked well for me late season. We have a variety of geese, size wise, in our late season in WI. I would recommend trying it first. It can do a variety of pitches. I like it because it is fast. The seasons all but over here. Till next year.
LFC
LFC
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum