TG triple crown guts

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

TG triple crown guts

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:24 am

For starters I'm pretty new to the goose calling world. After browsing around the Tim Grounds website I stumbled across the triple crown guts. Why exactly do they cost so much? $50/set and why do they only limit you to two per purchase? Do they really sound that much better than the standard guts that come with the call? I was considering ordering a set for my super mag once I get more proficient at calling if they do.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Re: TG triple crown guts

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:56 am

Did the Super Mag not come with TC guts? I am not 1100% sure on what calls come stock with them. I really am not sure why the price is so high. It probably has to do with material, design, and they have had arguably more success on the stage than any other gut.

As far as limiting two per person, I guess Tim does this so other call makers can not run them in their calls.

But, keep in mind these are broke in guts. They will have a much more goosey low end and will allow you to hit more trick notes.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby BonzaiDuck227 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:49 pm

As far as I know the super mag doesn't come with them, but I'm not positive. Maybe someone can shed some light on this.
BonzaiDuck227
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:16 pm

Super Mag does not come stock with Triple Crown's,but you can pay an upcharge and have them installed in the call.
When Tim first came out with them years ago they were about the only BIG on the market back then,he has sold untold amounts of them guts,and rightfully so they are excellent guts!
Watch the classifieds,every once in awhile a set or two pop up for sale at a reduced price than new.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Takeem406 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:18 pm

Considering the call is 199.99, 50 ain't bad for the guts. I liked my TC.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4
Takeem406
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum