Hard time getting my Zink SR-1 deep

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Hard time getting my Zink SR-1 deep

Postby Honk-n-quack » Sat Aug 24, 2013 11:36 am

I bought a Zink SR-1 brand new at Dicks sporting goods for $60, a deal I could not pass up. I currently was using a Buck Gardner Canada Hammer, and in the instructional videos it teaches you to say things into the call. With my zink call I'm trying the recommended blowing techniques but I still can't get it deep. Right now it has a shaved reed and normal black guts. I'm thinking about trying out some zink BIGS ( seems like they have mixed reviews) and a non shaved reed. Any tips or ideas?
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Re: Hard time getting my Zink SR-1 deep

Postby barrykeicks » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:58 am

you might have to re-tune it a bit go get the tone you are looking for, try giving it just a bit more reed and see what you get. Also varing your hand placement and position might give you the sound you are looking for.

I have always used voice infliction in my calling but I know lots of guys that don't that get great deep sounds out of their call. Voice infliction will IMHO definately give you a gravelly sound to your calling particularily on the bottom-end feeding and laydown stuff.

personally the Zink setup I like are the worn in guts with a unshaved reed. One the whole Zink calls are generally pretty east blowing compared to other calls and I think I get more crack with a whole reed.
barrykeicks
hunter

Postby imateamroper2 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:20 am

You have to blow into it like a gazoo.if you can growl and blow at the same time. you'll get it.try a growl blow,three times fast you'll see what I mean.it is really,really hard to learn, but practice makes perfect. blo hard and,blo alot. :thumbsup:you have to make yer throat rumble when blowing,that will give you the deep yer lookin fer!almost makes your throat hurt like a little.it made me horse with kinda of a sore throat.but now i do it, no problem.that is about the best i can describe what I do to get a deep tone.
Good luck.
Pls practice at home and get it down ! before going out in the field and screwing up other hunters ,while yer triing to learn! :umm:
imateamroper2
hunter

Postby zachk908 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 9:02 am

Re tune it move the wedge back just a touch mark them where they are for the original place and go from there
zachk908
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum