Late Season Calling

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Late Season Calling

Postby JBO » Mon Nov 20, 2006 8:47 am

Now its getting late in the season and the geese are much more weary. What calls or calling should I do to see more success?

Sould I use a call that is much higher pitched?

:help:
Did I call the shot?
JBO
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:07 am

I was out last week and it didn't seem to matter how much I called or didn't call. The flag was the key. The geese were coming strait in as long as we flagged. The moment we stopped they turned. If we flagged again they came back in. I could call until I was blue in the face or only make a few clucks and honks. It didn't seem to matter either way.

I did try wailing away on the snow goose call when the Canada's were a LONG way away and it turned them in our direction.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby plainsman » Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:22 pm

High pitched calls bring in the majority of my birds. Lately I've been using clucks to turn them and feeding murmurs to finish them off.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby Waterfowl21 » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:56 am

what type of calls should we use for a feeding mumur???
Waterfowl21
hunter

Postby Bill Collector Bob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:52 am

Had good luck with the snow call and flag combo to get their attention, used the murmur, moan and the dirty talk to keep 'em committed.
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear
Bill Collector Bob
hunter

Postby Bill Collector Bob » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:52 am

I was using my goozilla most of the time everything elseI have I managed to get out of tune recently
"Go afield with a good attitude, with respect for the wildlife you hunt and for the forest and fields in which you walk. Immerse yourself in the outdoor experience. It will cleanse your soul and make you a better person." -Fred Bear
Bill Collector Bob
hunter

Postby Randy Loker » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:42 pm

Bill Collector Bob, same thing happens to me all the time. You might try just washing them out. I usually take a dollar bill and wipe out under the reed, this almost always fixes the problem.
Pile 'em up

Team Michigander 08-09
Geese:288 Bands:5, 1 collar
Ducks:367 Bands:0
Randy Loker
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum