Is there?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Is there?

Postby calikid » Wed Nov 29, 2006 11:45 pm

any speck calls that are easy blow.im just startin out to learn to call.thanks for the help in advance

calikid
calikid
hunter

Postby critter stuffer » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:37 am

They will all have their own little way of blowing to make them sound right. Some need a lot of air, some just a little. I just recently purchased my second Speck call from Basin Abomination. It comes with written instruction on how to hold the call and how to use it along with a CD to hear how it should sound. ( Dont get too excited about the CD- ilts pretty short). You have to learn how to use each call regardless of where you get it. The sound of this call was far better than my last speck call and didnt take any longer for me to figure it out , but you need to spend at least some time to learn them. I will suggest the basin abomination call, the only downside might be the price (About $120) Good luck shopping!
critter stuffer
hunter

Postby calikid » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:06 pm

thanks critter..thtas one call i have been looking at..is there a call i should because im just starting to call or should i buy a good call to begin with..thanks for any help in advance
calikid
hunter

Postby critter stuffer » Fri Dec 01, 2006 4:38 pm

Get the best you can afford. Why spend the time learning to blow a cheap call when you can afford a better one. You will have to learn to use it anyway when you finally decide to make the purchase. On the other hand your can buy 2 or 3 cheap calls for the same price and then upgrade at your own convenience. Its up to you.
critter stuffer
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum