LMC Reaper

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

LMC Reaper

Postby btharp2624 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:26 pm

I'm looking to get some extra reeds to mess around with in my new Reaper. What reed should I be looking for and what's the best place to get them?

any other gut sets I should try or are X-factors the best for this call?

Thanks!
btharp2624
hunter

Re: LMC Reaper

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:23 pm

I liked to older red guts that came with the old style Reaper when I ran one years ago,but any of the guts out there run good in it.
You can get quite a few different sets of guts right from the call maker as well at http://www.lmccalls.com/accessories.htm
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:55 pm

The Reaper is an awesome running/sounding call. Honestly, I ran one that was tuned up with green X Factor guts and a T shave on the reed...it was money. I also like the old black X Factors...they might be hard to find though. Either way, contact George and/or Trevor and they will hook you up :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby goosewhisperer » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:14 am

my favorite gut to run in the reaper are either the green or red x factors or my favorite the light blue guts. They are way softer then any gut out there and run really well. With them being softer, they run a little quieter then the x factors but have the ability to get get loud. They break in way quicker then the others.
Molt Gear Society Staff
Anatidae Wingshooting Adventures, LLC Pro-Staff
goosewhisperer
hunter

Postby 23yearsago » Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:53 am

I too like the old style light blue guts. I have a set of red xfactors, but seem to have better control with the light blue.

AND.......in a "shameless" non posted classified plug :rolleyes: this call has been offered to members wanting a Reaper,, very nice cocobolo old style. $80 BUT, sorry, no PayPal !
23yearsago
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum