Real thang vs matrix

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Real thang vs matrix

Postby chrisss » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:17 pm

I been looking at both these calls and need help deciding. I like the feel and sound of both so its making it really hard to decide. So I decided to post it up to se what's everyone's opinions on them to help me decide

Thanks
chrisss
hunter

Re: Real thang vs matrix

Postby ColoradoGooser » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:51 pm

Really like each calls attributes,but I would have to tip the hat to the RT in this match up.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:50 pm

I would look real hard at the grounds G overhauler. Super goosey like grounds calls are with better range than the real thang plus it fits the hands better. Matrix is a nice call very fast with a lot of pop I just think the grounds is a pure sounding call. I think the G overhauler is the best call to hit the market in the last few years. After everything the call that is on my lanyard every year is my bay country I just can't give that thing up they are just perfect for my calling style. Good hunting
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:55 pm

I would go with the RT. It is more versatile IMHO. To me, it has a better low end. Not to say that the Matrix has no low end, but I feel like the RT is more goosey. FWIW, just about all Matrix calls I have run have been pretty heavy.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Joetpr » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:26 pm

Buy a G-Overhauler then when your hands become a set of "$200 hands" buy a real thang.

I bought a g-overhauler and real thang at the same time and was amazed at what I could do with the g-overhauler. However I was not very good with the real thang b/c my hands sucked. After about 3 months of non-stop practice my hands became consistent. Now I can make crazy sick sounds out of a real thang that aren't possible with a g-overhauler.

To me a g-overhauler is just a real thang on crutches. It allows you to make 90% of the advanced sounds on a goose call but the longer insert also inhibits some sound inflection you can do with you hands and a short insert like a real thang.

IMO no call beats a real thang. It can make any sound. It all depends on the operator.
Joetpr
hunter

Postby ducksNgeese91 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:53 am

I'm running a real thang right now acrylic/hedge it's hands down my favorite goose call to run. Love the speed and love the responsiveness of the tc guts. Can not go wrong with a grounds call
ducksNgeese91
hunter

Postby Gunnysway » Wed Sep 25, 2013 7:30 am

The Call.jpg

'Nuff said.
Setting up meetings between geese and God since 1992...

Gud till ära, oss till gagn...
Gunnysway
hunter

Postby ksgoosekilr » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:26 pm

No question....Real Thang

ksgoosekilr
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:43 pm

Mayham said it perfectly, the grounds has a lot more bottom, the matrix is a little faster, both are really really good calls
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum