GVCC xxx or LMC reaper

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

GVCC xxx or LMC reaper

Postby Swamp Chuck » Sun Sep 29, 2013 5:31 pm

I have the gander valley hybrid and love it!!!!!!! I want another call now and I am looking at the LMC reaper, slipknot, or Gander valley xxx. I want to hear your opinion of what you like more, and pros vs. cons.
Swamp Chuck
hunter

Re: GVCC xxx or LMC reaper

Postby Rick Hall » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:58 am

Haven't tried the Reaper, but find the XXX a slick little call.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby gooseflopper » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:04 am

Swamp Chuck wrote:I have the gander valley hybrid and love it!!!!!!! I want another call now and I am looking at the LMC reaper, slipknot, or Gander valley xxx. I want to hear your opinion of what you like more, and pros vs. cons.

I will let you know soon. Have been running a hedge XXX for about three years and love it. I have a reaper coming either today or tomorrow.
gooseflopper
hunter

Postby Marcus Riley » Thu Oct 03, 2013 11:40 am

I own both calls, the XXX runs smoother and has a way better bottom end to it. The reaper is bit shorter and reminds me of a Zink call to be honest which IMO isn't good. The XXX has been a go to call since I opened the box, hard to beat the performance! Then look at price and service, there is no comparison.
Teach your children to hunt.... and you won't have to hunt for your children.
Marcus Riley
hunter

Postby cackiller » Sun Oct 13, 2013 6:56 pm

I had a XXX and never should have sold it. Really solid call. Theres something about Marks calls in the way that they are designed they just have a super goosy tone to them. Its awesome!
cackiller
hunter

Postby Omaha Clucker » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:14 am

I have an acrylic Reaper and a maple Slipknot. The Reaper is the easier of the 2 IMO but like said above its pretty high pitched. I"ve tried tuning it a little lower but I just don't think its a very low call. That said I like it as a backup or changeup to my G3.

I like the sound I can get out of the Slipnot but I have a hard time with it. I'm horrible at describing what I'm doing into a call but it seems to take a whole lot more air and I have to push the air differently than I do with the Reaper or G3. That call has been hunted twice and I'd be willing to part with it, PM me if you're interested
Omaha Clucker
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum