Need some suggestions

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Need some suggestions

Postby Coot Man » Wed Dec 20, 2006 11:42 am

Up until now I've only owned a double cluck plus made by Knight and Hale. I've been thinking about getting another goose call to add to the lanyard. But last week my double cluck plus, some how came apart while out hunting and I lost it. So, I am going to be purchasing some calls now for sure. I really like the double cluck plus, because of the double action when calling. But I would like to hear your suggestions for a second call to buy. Also, what is the general census on short reed vs. flutes? Hopefully this hasn't already been aske to recently.
You've got to stand for something or you will fall for anything...
Coot Man
hunter

Postby plainsman » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:53 pm

Get a shortreed and practice,practice and keep practicing until the wife threatens divorce. Then find another place to practice :yes: :yes: There are quite a few good calls out there that don't cost an arm and a leg. What are you interested in?.....what kind of pitch do you want?
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby jjohnson_714 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 7:52 am

for christmas i got a call from wingitcalls.com (a sponsor on the site) and even though every call i get seems to be a little better then the one before, this one blows my echo poly out of the water :thumbsup:
jjohnson_714
State Moderator

Postby illinoisduckboy15 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:37 am

IM A FAN of the original tim grounds half breed i also frequent the big river flute
the crew= 17 ducks
illinoisduckboy15
hunter

Goose call

Postby kentcallahan » Thu Jan 04, 2007 3:02 pm

See the classifieds, I just listed a Zink's SR-1 for sale. It's a great sounding call, although it takes a lot of air and backpressure. Take a look and let me know if you're interested. Thanks!

Kent Callahan
kentcallahan
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum