snow call

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

snow call

Postby woodduckhunter » Wed Dec 20, 2006 12:14 pm

I do not really hunt geese that much, but started putting out a few goose decoys while duck hunting. I am using a few Canadian Bigfoots right now. I can blow a honker call pretty good. I am going to get a few snow decoys, and would like to know what a good cheaper($50 or less) call would be? And also, what words do you say into a snow call? Like mallard feeding call is tick tick ticka ticka ticka ticka.
woodduckhunter
hunter

Postby LFC » Wed Dec 20, 2006 2:12 pm

Quackhead makes a snow call(tundra stomp). I think you can listen to it on their website. They sell up here for $20 at gander mountain.
LFC
LFC
hunter

tundra saver

Postby waterfowler89 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 11:12 pm

the tundra saver from foiles is 150$ but you will think it is worth every penny when you get it. if you want, try going to a store that retails foiles calls and try it out or you an go to the foiles website (www.foilesstraitmeat.com) and listen to the call under sound files but keep in mind sean hammock ( the guy blowin it in the sound file) has been blowin foiles calls for a while so you wont be able to sound like a whole flock as soon as you pick it up like he does
let me know what you decide
good huntin
"If it flies it dies... and if it dont fly it still dies" - Phil Robertson, the duck commander
waterfowler89
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:24 pm

Sean Mann Whiteout Express. Mann makes the best snow calls I've ever heard.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum