*honk* or the $$$$$

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

*honk* or the $$$$$

Postby commited » Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:16 pm

what i have seen, is the that Zink and Foils are the competitors in the race to get your money. In your own opinion which do you like between the strait meat honker, or the Zink money maker. (lil background) Dad jus bought the artilic Honker i picked that sucker up and did realy well. (and i dont brag) Idk what i did...(maybe it was my gift God decided i deserved or somthing lol, but i am very decent for a call i have never blown till yesterday. I only want to know is, if i can do that, would i be better with a money maker or should i stick to a good thing. After seeing what i could do wiht these short reeds (i have been blowing the shorman express till now) i am willing to pay for artilic if needed. My only other question was the meatgriner is the plastic Honker "Oh and did i mention it was a hundred dollers cheeper" :toofunny: Is there any huge and significant differnces???? You guys are realy great help and i am very thankfull for your help and coments
"a green head a day, keeps the gamewarden away"

Guns dont kill people, religions do...
commited
hunter

Postby critter stuffer » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:24 pm

If it works for you and you like it, stick with it.
critter stuffer
hunter

Postby ISHOOTDIVERS » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:53 pm

Who cares what name is one it, blow whatever you sound good on, remember the ultimate judge is the birds.I myself am a Foiles man, SMH for years, recently picked up a Showtime and I must say I'm lovin' it, the geese liked it tonight too :yes:
Diver Hunters Do It In Big Waves!

Save A Seal, Club An Activist
ISHOOTDIVERS
hunter

Postby JBO » Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:08 am

I am a lover of the Foiles brand. But if you are going to get a shortreed, dont mess around with the poly. Spend the money on an acrylic call. You can find them online used for around $90-100. :thumbsup:
Did I call the shot?
JBO
hunter

Postby franchi_612 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:38 am

JBO wrote:I am a lover of the Foiles brand. But if you are going to get a shortreed, dont mess around with the poly. Spend the money on an acrylic call. You can find them online used for around $90-100. :thumbsup:

Sorry to interupt but for my information why are acrylics so much better?
franchi_612
hunter

Postby Erik Olsen » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:00 pm

what people dont realize about acrylic is its not really the material. alot of people have and do blow delrin, poly and wood calls on stage they all sound goosey. what sets acrylic calls apart most of the time is that there is more time spent on tuning them. pick up a foiles meat grinder and most will blow the same. the reeds are not shaved as nice or the length set to perfection. but pick up a showtime or SMH. they will sound better and use air more efficiantly. But the meat grinder is a time proven call. its killed many geese and will continue to due so.
"pass me some ammo" Oh crap you shoot three and a half!"
Erik Olsen
hunter

Postby franchi_612 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:35 pm

Erik Olsen wrote:what people dont realize about acrylic is its not really the material. alot of people have and do blow delrin, poly and wood calls on stage they all sound goosey. what sets acrylic calls apart most of the time is that there is more time spent on tuning them. pick up a foiles meat grinder and most will blow the same. the reeds are not shaved as nice or the length set to perfection. but pick up a showtime or SMH. they will sound better and use air more efficiantly. But the meat grinder is a time proven call. its killed many geese and will continue to due so.

I know this is not my thread but thanks. I just purchased a Meat Grinder and have not recieved it yet. I read somewhere else that the only difference was labor invested in the call.
franchi_612
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum