Real Thang vs G Overhauler

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Real Thang vs G Overhauler

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:07 pm

Looking at buying one or the other. Which and why? Which would pair better with a triple thang?
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Re: Real Thang vs G Overhauler

Postby 541-feet-down » Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:10 pm

I really like the real thang. hell you can't go wrong with ground IMO with any of there calls. the overhauler I would compare a little closer to the real thang. I like to finish geese with the real thang I love the low I get out of it for such a small call and a great hi as well. but the g overhauler I think compares better
When you come into a morning meeting and forget your lanyard around your neck you may have an addiction.
541-feet-down
hunter

Postby Tipsntails7 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:00 am

I've blown them both and honestly either you choose is going to be great, to me they are very very close to each other, I like the real thang because I feel it's a little quicker, transitions are a little more responsive, but I've owned it a lot longer to so take that as you will.
How's my spelling WTN10

ByersFarm wrote:Barrel stickers are about as cool as a handjob on your honeymoon?

DUCK-DAWG wrote:I would feel safer straddling a pool noodle than paddling along in that widowmaker.
Tipsntails7
hunter

Postby bhroberts1 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:48 pm

I am in the same boat at you right now, I just talked to Tim on the phone and was asking him about the Real Thang vs the Super Thang, I thought I had it narrowed down between the two and then he threw the G-Overhauler at me. I am in a real pickle here. I am a bit of a rookie at the Goose calling so I am really trying to find out which one would be better for me to start out on as my first new Goose call. I have only used a SMH before and don't like the lack of low end on it. So I guess I am saying I'm following the response on your post here.
bhroberts1
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 pm

I've been running a RT since it came out,have been wanting to try an Overhauler out since it came out,by all accounts from what I've heard and read on the Overhauler seems it has a tad better low end than the RT.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much

Annoy a Liberal,work hard and be happy
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:20 pm

Well, I've owned the Real Thang before, but never had a G Overhauler, so I was shooting for some input from guys who had maybe owned or at least used both. I appreciate the input from everyone who responded as well. I decided to go with the G Overhauler. I bought one from Gander Mtn. this weekend and really love the call. Everyone was right, it's not as loud as the Real Thang, but I really like the feel of the mouthpiece so much better. I loved the RT, but the downfall to me was that the mouthpiece was so uncomfortable to me. Triple Thang is the same way. Love the sound, but hate the feel. After getting the G, I'm thinking of selling or trading my Triple Thang for a Triple Crown or trying a two for one trade for a wood Super Mag and something else.

Anyway, from what my experience with both calls now is...the G and the RT are close to each other, but the RT is louder and the G has a much better feel in the hand and more comfortable to blow. Both equally responsive and have excellent range. The G might, just maybe, have a better bottom end, but you don't have to work as much to get the bottom out of it as you do the RT. I'm glad I went with the G.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby Huntfish12 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:27 am

Greenhead Rocker wrote:Well, I've owned the Real Thang before, but never had a G Overhauler, so I was shooting for some input from guys who had maybe owned or at least used both. I appreciate the input from everyone who responded as well. I decided to go with the G Overhauler. I bought one from Gander Mtn. this weekend and really love the call. Everyone was right, it's not as loud as the Real Thang, but I really like the feel of the mouthpiece so much better. I loved the RT, but the downfall to me was that the mouthpiece was so uncomfortable to me. Triple Thang is the same way. Love the sound, but hate the feel. After getting the G, I'm thinking of selling or trading my Triple Thang for a Triple Crown or trying a two for one trade for a wood Super Mag and something else.

Anyway, from what my experience with both calls now is...the G and the RT are close to each other, but the RT is louder and the G has a much better feel in the hand and more comfortable to blow. Both equally responsive and have excellent range. The G might, just maybe, have a better bottom end, but you don't have to work as much to get the bottom out of it as you do the RT. I'm glad I went with the G.

Your assesment sounds spont on with what i was going to say, and right there with everyone elses. Good choice!
Theres always someone out there thats better then you. I'm that guy.
Huntfish12
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum