Difference in call/where it is purchased

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Difference in call/where it is purchased

Postby bhroberts1 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:29 am

I am looking to buy a Tim Grounds call. Is there going to be a difference in quality when buying the call directly from Tim or from Cabelas. I know that it is more expensive buying it directly from the Grounds garage. Anybody know?
bhroberts1
hunter

Re: Difference in call/where it is purchased

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:40 am

Same call no matter where it is purchased.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:49 am

Only real difference would be that if you buy it directly from Grounds, then you KNOW that nobody else has touched it. If you buy from any store, there is a possibility, no matter how slight, that someone from the behind the counter or a customer just trying it out, has messed with the tune or something. I've seen several calls in stores that I know couldn't have had the factory tune. Especially the upper end stuff.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby mgerlach » Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:08 am

Greenhead Rocker wrote:Only real difference would be that if you buy it directly from Grounds, then you KNOW that nobody else has touched it. If you buy from any store, there is a possibility, no matter how slight, that someone from the behind the counter or a customer just trying it out, has messed with the tune or something. I've seen several calls in stores that I know couldn't have had the factory tune. Especially the upper end stuff.

this^^
I have ordered a few goose calls from retail stores and they have all been badly out of tune. I would order directly from call maker and they should be the same price unless someone is running a sell.
mgerlach
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:10 pm

also, if you order direct from grounds, then you can get the call fit and tuned to you, or at least really close. that's the great thing about buying direct.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby DrakeHunt3r » Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:48 am

I bought a call from Tim and I would highly recommend it, often times if you aren't picky on the color you can get one for cheap (check out the specials on his site). I emailed him a picture of with my first goose that I ever shot (using a supermag i bought from him) and in his response he was just as excited as I was. Try getting that from a big box store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DrakeHunt3r
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum