Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.
Moderators: quackerkiller, Oregon Honker, Ross R
what do you guys like to start geese when theyre at about 100-150 yards?
- Posts: 820
- Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:27 pm
- Location: Chicago, Illinois
At that distance, I'm giving them clucks and double clucks.
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
- Posts: 1281
- Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:33 pm
- Location: South Alberta,Canada
honks and clucks, just keep it simple brother, you dont want to show them everything you got
- Forum & State Moderator
- Posts: 560
- Joined: Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:44 am
- Location: New Hampshire
a flag :cool:
and then some loud clucks, slow and methodical
- State Moderator
- Posts: 952
- Joined: Sat Mar 11, 2006 7:11 pm
- Location: Bernardo/La Joya with my dog Ruger
flag for sure with a few honks and clucks if they seem like they are veering off course.
- Posts: 2862
- Joined: Mon Sep 27, 2004 4:11 pm
- Location: upstate ny
Same as above, I like to throw in an soft train or two as well.
Pile 'em up
Team Michigander 08-09
Geese:288 Bands:5, 1 collar
- Posts: 132
- Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2006 8:39 pm
- Location: Coast to Coast in Southern MI
tealslayerblw wrote:what do you guys like to start geese when theyre at about 100-150 yards?
If they suprise me, I will break out of a murmur then go into a high pitched/excited sequence on my LM-1...
... Read the birds, this will tell you what to say!
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:05 am
Flag then about 5 ta 6 clucks heavy on the murmer then enjoy the show. If that aint working you gotta whatch what their showing ya and adjust but not to much at once thats what gets um smart.
STICK AND STAY MAKE THEM PAY
- Posts: 21
- Joined: Thu Oct 05, 2006 3:30 pm
Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests