Faulks Speck call?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Faulks Speck call?

Postby soot87 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 pm

Anyone blown one? Impulse bought one off Amazon while drinking and watching goose calling videos. Can't find any reviews. Wondering if they're any good. Thanks.
Bang Bang, Splash Splash
soot87
hunter

Re: Faulks Speck call?

Postby Rick Hall » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:07 pm

I live less than an hour from the Faulk shop, and it's still been right at 30 years since I've seen either of Faulk's speck calls in the field much less owned them. Don't recall what either sounded like, other than the little one sounded much more like a toy squeaker than a bird - and I later learned that use of its "guts" was much more profitable than in calls.

Can't help but think you've made a very poor choice, but someone else who thinks they're the greatest ever may be along...
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Re: Faulks Speck call?

Postby LAspeckiller » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:41 am

The little Faulk speck was the call that I learned on. Dad gave it to me as a young boy, but I lost the insert for it. I would say that there are much better calls out there for specks. Like Mr. Hall said, I don't see them around much anymore and can't really remember how it ran cause when I got it I couldn't run a call at all. I would say try it out, then put it on the shelf and get a poly Riceland or poly RNT speck.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
"You can get a good look at a T-Bone steak by sticking your head up a bulls ass, but wouldn't you rather take the butchers word for it?"
LAspeckiller
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum