Buck Gardner poly/diamondwood Grey Ghost

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Buck Gardner poly/diamondwood Grey Ghost

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:58 pm

So I was on Cabelas when I ran across this call, Buck Gardner poly/diamondwood Grey Ghost. It was on sale for $12.99. I called my buddy and he isnt familiar with it but said it looked like a short reed goose call and thst it would be a perfect starter call. Anybody have any experience with these? I ordered one and it is on its way. I figured for a first Goose call couldnt go wrong for $12.99!

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Bargain-Cave/Rock-Bottom-Deals/Hunting-Gear%7C/pc/105591780/c/105642180/sc/105643980/Buck-Gardner-PolyDiamondwood-Grey-Ghost-Goose-Call/1622740.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fhunting-gear%2F_%2FN-1102650%2FNs-CATEGORY_SEQ_105643980%3FWTz_l%3DSBC%253Bcat105591780%253Bcat105642180&WTz_l=SBC%3Bcat105591780%3Bcat105642180%3Bcat105643980
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot at.

Days hunted 6
Mallards 3
Teal 4
Bufflehead 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Re: Buck Gardner poly/diamondwood Grey Ghost

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Wed Dec 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Good for a starter call if you are learning how to use a short reed. I prefer the Canada Hammer over it, but it's a good BASIC call.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 2:14 pm

Cool, they had two other ones, both Buck Gardner Grey Ghosts, but the others weren't eligible for the free shipping. So since the other stuff I was getting was I decided to go with that one.

Glad its a good starter call. Anybody else have any experience
If God wanted us to be vegetarians, he would have made broccoli more fun to shoot at.

Days hunted 6
Mallards 3
Teal 4
Bufflehead 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:33 pm

Harder to blow than a Zink, get the powerclucker. I would recommend spending the extra money on an easier to blow and learn
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby Justin Weber » Wed Dec 11, 2013 7:08 pm

If I had to start with one call I'd probably go with a different call. They take so much air to use. That being said I picked up a Honker Hammer like 4 years ago and have killed plenty of geese using it.
Avery Pro-Staff
Justin Weber
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:56 pm

What about Working Man Grey Ghost vs Honker Hammer? Still the Honker Hammer? Or is the Workin Man better? I already ordered the other one (Grey Ghost Diamondwood) But it might be worth getting another one too.
and is the Honker Hammer also a short reed?

Days hunted 6
Mallards 3
Teal 4
Bufflehead 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby JuniorPre 360 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:34 am

Honker Hammer is also a short reed. I'd prefer it over the gret ghost. If you want an even better call for cheap, look into the Field Proven poly Raptor. I learned on the BG calls and then upgraded to this. It will do A LOT more than the other two.
A BAD DAY AT THE MARSH BEATS A GOOD DAY AT WORK.
killwoodies101 wrote:your a dudshe bag! You dont own the river your dont own any property around it.. Its just as mush mine and any other tom **** and harry's as it is yours !! get a life share what is yours or stop hunting
JuniorPre 360
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Thu Dec 12, 2013 12:16 pm

Thanks, I've only got a couple extra dollars right now, and the reason I'm getting anything is because they are $13.00 at Cabelas right now. I already ordered the Diamondwood Grey Ghost because it was eligible for free shipping, but now all three the Diamondwood and Working Man Grey Ghosts as well as the Honker Hammer are free shipping and $13.00 apeice, so now i'm trying to decide if it is worth getting a second one, even though I already ordered the Diamondwood one.

Days hunted 6
Mallards 3
Teal 4
Bufflehead 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:32 am

Nevermind, I bought both now. I'll have the Honker Hammer and the Grey Ghost Diamondwood.....whichever one i like better I'll keep and maybe I'll give the other one to my buddy.

Days hunted 6
Mallards 3
Teal 4
Bufflehead 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Postby Tyrel Palmer » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:02 pm

So I bought both calls and ran them by my buddy who hunts with Gander Valley Custom Calls. He is pro staffer for them. He likes the Diamond Wood Grey Ghost call better, and the other one needs a little tuning, so that is the one I'm using trying to learn to call on. Thanks for your comments though guys. I might give the other one to my buddy, I just bought him his first duck call, might as well get him started on goose too!!!

Days hunted 6
Mallards 3
Teal 4
Bufflehead 2
Tyrel Palmer
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum