Poly Super Mag with TC guts

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Poly Super Mag with TC guts

Postby spit note » Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:40 pm

Has anyone tried to put TC guts in a poly Super Mag? I have a extra Poly in my bag and thought about trying this combo.
spit note
hunter

Re: Poly Super Mag with TC guts

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:58 pm

I think that used to be a fairly popular combo for a couple of the big name comp callers a few years ago. I think both Robbie Iverson and Scott Threinen used that setup for a while.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby spit note » Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:32 am

OK Thanks.I use a Poly Super Mag all the time and love it.I have another and was just looking for another sound.
spit note
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:31 pm

Greenhead Rocker wrote:I think that used to be a fairly popular combo for a couple of the big name comp callers a few years ago. I think both Robbie Iverson and Scott Threinen used that setup for a while.

Scott never won any of his three World Live titles on TC guts. Now he may have run TCs in Open contests but I do know he didn't use them to win Live Goose.

FWIW, Forrest Carpenter runs a poly. SM and sounds awesome on it. He finished 3rd in WG with it last year.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Greenhead Rocker » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:13 pm

mayhem96 wrote:
Greenhead Rocker wrote:I think that used to be a fairly popular combo for a couple of the big name comp callers a few years ago. I think both Robbie Iverson and Scott Threinen used that setup for a while.

Scott never won any of his three World Live titles on TC guts. Now he may have run TCs in Open contests but I do know he didn't use them to win Live Goose.

FWIW, Forrest Carpenter runs a poly. SM and sounds awesome on it. He finished 3rd in WG with it last year.

Scott didn't win any of those World Live contests with a poly super mag either. He used a proto-type Real Thang. I just said he used that set up in some contests.
Greenhead Rocker
hunter

Postby spit note » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:48 am

I spoke with Tim yesterday about that set up.He told me that this same combo won the World 3 yrs ago.Didn't say who .He had to be talking about Robbie Iverson in either 2012 or 09
spit note
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:30 pm

Robbie did win in 09 and last year. Mitch won 3 years ago on a Bay Country.
mayhem96
hunter

Postby Yankeegray » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Don't know about any contest winners but my TC poly works in the field and over water.
“We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.” -Ronald Regan
Yankeegray
hunter

Postby mayhem96 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:27 pm

Going to be trying this set up very shortly.
mayhem96
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum