Best goose call on the market

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Best goose call on the market

Postby joekool » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:15 am

Im looking to buy a new goose call and im wondering what is teh easiest blowing i hunt open and timber so i need one where i can go soft and get the high sounds when needed im going with either foiles sean mann or ZINK so if you have any info i would be thankful :help:
take your parents hunting, so you dont have to hunt your parents
joekool
hunter

Re: Best goose call on the market

Postby donttreadonme » Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:25 pm

joekool wrote:im going with either foiles sean mann or ZINK so if you have any info i would be thankful :help:

What if "the best call on the market" isn't one of those you mentioned?

Get your hands on every call that you can, including any that aren't on your "list" and blow them. You need to make this choice for yourself. My hunting partner can't stand either of my goose calls and to me my winglock is the best on the market. IT is the best because it fits me and my style the best.

Another example: When I was looking to upgrade to an acrylic duck call the salesman told me that the Zink Power Hen was the best call on the market. I like the call but when I picked up the Buck Gardner Tall Timber, I felt like the PH was just ok.

If you will only look at those on your "list" then my suggestions would be the Foiles Strait Meat Honker, Zink Money Maker and Zink Little Man. I can't suggest any Sean Mann calls because I have never tried one. I like those I mentioned because they were all easy to blow and sound good on. I have heard very little complaints about them as well. Good Luck!
"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
donttreadonme
hunter

Postby joekool » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:20 pm

what about the meat cutter from foiles i was looking for a flute but i think that is a short reed isnt it
joekool
hunter

Postby donttreadonme » Wed Jul 11, 2007 8:40 am

joekool wrote:what about the meat cutter from foiles i was looking for a flute but i think that is a short reed isnt it

I have never blown a flute so I won't be much help there. When I got stated everyone told me to just go with the short reed and I did.
"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
donttreadonme
hunter

Postby joekool » Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:41 am

i did to but differrent calls have differrent sounds so you know
joekool
hunter

Postby huntingbuddy » Mon Aug 06, 2007 10:24 pm

the meat cutter is a flute. I myself have a Foiles Strait meat honker and High Plains Honker both short reeds. Your right both of them sound different. If you cant kill geese with a Foiles call then you should take up a different sport.
Jake
Marsh Militia
Proud DU Member & Volunteer
SMH Blue/Clear
HPH Ivory #1146
Browning Gold Hunter 3 1/2" Shadowgrass
huntingbuddy
hunter

Postby huntduck1989 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:20 pm

Dude if i were you i would go with a Strait Meat Honker or either the High Plains Honker from Foiles.
huntduck1989
hunter

Postby mojo coot » Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:04 pm

this guy that i work with had 10 diffrent calls and he brought them to work one day for me to try out to switch over from a flute to a short he had zinks,tim grounds, lynch mob, foiles u get the point but out of all those calls he had foiles strait meat was the only call that i could make an attemp at honking right off the get go so to me foiles is the easiest to blow and i started in january and i think that i know enough and feel confident enough and sounds good enough to call some birds in but still a lot of learning to do
Last edited by mojo coot on Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mojo coot
hunter

Postby louisiana duckman » Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:28 pm

TRY RNT G2 AND DIRTY BIRD AND ALSO CALEF CALL :thumbsup:
ROLAND CORTEZ
The real duckman

RNT- it's what we do
duck killing thats what we do
louisiana duckman
hunter

Postby Fowl Boys » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:49 pm

You may want to sick with a short reed call. There alot easier to work with. I personally like to Money Maker from Zink. But the best thing to do is go to your local sporting goods and give some of them a test drive before you run out and buy a call that doesn't fit you. Good luck.
Fowl Boys
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum