windsocks?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

windsocks?

Postby waterfowler89 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:55 pm

i have a dozen northwind economy canada goose decoys i was woundering if anybody has any suggestins on way to spread them or ways to add realism i already have a flag and that helps alot to draw then in shooting range but i want landing gear on them down before i take a shot any suggestions/hints would be greatly appreciated

chas
waterfowler89
hunter

Postby duckp » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:20 am

Hi.I hunt alone a lot and use them often.They really help.However,I only use one per 6 full bodies.
For instance this early season if I'm putting out 21-24 full bodies,I'll use a max of 4.I'll put one in each family group perhaps and always in the middle or upwind side of the group.
I want incomers to see the movement but not to study it.
duckp
hunter

Postby thaner » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:34 am

I don't use FB's but that is what I have been doing also. I just got a doz. with the extra detail and white on the head. So far I am not sure if they are doing anything, but we will see. I have only used four so far to add movement here and there, but most days in the early season when I was out the wind was not doing much. I am interested to see what other have found and what happens as the main season gets underway.
More ammo! I need to shoot something!
thaner
hunter

Postby killem » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:19 am

Personally i don't use them much. I have a dozen but the only time i will use them is when there is a screaming wind. and i will just use them for movement. I belive you don't need 8 dozen fb's so i just use anywhere from 3 to 4 dozen fb's and then i will mix them in here and there just for a little movement and its also a good way to tell if your winds changing. But ya a dozen of them is deff. a good deal just be careful on how you use them!!!

START IN ON EM BOYS!!!
killem
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum