hey guys

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

hey guys

Postby maaaaarkk » Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:17 am

well im kinda stuck between the g2, and the straight meat honker, dont know if i want them in wood or acrylic yet, but what would you guys choose?
maaaaarkk
hunter

Postby WIgunner30 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:01 am

acrylic wood swells and contracts in the heat cold and dampness.
WIgunner30
hunter

Postby donttreadonme » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:38 am

Acrylic G2. :thumbsup:
"If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time."
donttreadonme
hunter

Postby bck1006 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:48 am

Wood or Acrylic?
Where do you hunt? If you hunt alot of open fields then an all acylic is the way to go.It will be loud enought to reach those high flyin migrators.If you hunt a lot of water then you may want to look into an all wood call.The wood will give you a nice deep and melow sound that won't be to loud and reflect off of the water.If you want to best of both worlds and my personal favorite is a wood barrel with acrylic insert.It still has the volume to reach out there, but it has the nice deep sound of the all wood.

The best thing for you to do would be to go to a shop that sells calls and just test drive a few to see what fits your style.That way you will be happy with your choice and you will use the call for years to come.If I was you I would look into a SMH.It is a very easy call to learn on and requires no back pressure to operate.The SMH comes in many different colors and combos and I'm sure you could find something that would fit and your calling style.Thanks and feel free to PM if you have any questions.Thanks
Dakota Decoy X-Treme Team
Hevi-Shot Pro Staff
bck1006
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum