Replacement reeds for SMH

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Replacement reeds for SMH

Postby DuckinFool » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:30 pm

I got on Foiles website this morning to order a couple of shaved reeds for one of my SMH and my MeatGrinder. $3 each which seemed pretty pricey but when I got to the shipping it was FAR more than the price of the reeds.........REALLY???!!! I could mail a fistful of them in a first class stamp envelope. :mad:
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Re: Replacement reeds for SMH

Postby mayhem96 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:22 pm

You should be able to call them and have them send you reeds. Many companies would do that...

If you go to WEBFoot Custom Calls, Wade sells reeds :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby QAHONKER » Tue Feb 18, 2014 1:08 am

You should be able to call the shop talk to drew or jeff, they might even be able to put you in contact with a staffer close by. I know I get a few phone calls from folks round here that need a new reed or retune...just as easy for me to meet them and get the call strait than it is to wait for new stuff....where are you located maybe I can help ya out....
FOILES MIGRATORS
QAHONKER
hunter

Postby DuckinFool » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:18 pm

I am about 20 minutes south of Carbondale IL. The reed in the MeatGrinder bubbled and then split and the shaved reed in one of my SMH has never been right and possible was shaved too thin.
Recession-neighbor loses job...Depression-you lose job...Recovery-Obama loses job.
Don't blame me.....I didn't vote for him !!!
DuckinFool
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum