TG g overhauler or TG super mag

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

TG g overhauler or TG super mag

Postby OliverLee » Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:54 pm

when ever i get a new goose call its gonna either be the G overhauler or the super mag made by tim grounds and i know they are both great calls but i dont know which one i should get and i want one for hunting not competition. thanks for any advice :smile:
OliverLee
hunter

Re: TG g overhauler or TG super mag

Postby mayhem96 » Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:18 pm

G Overhauler :thumbsup:
mayhem96
hunter

Postby ColoradoGooser » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:16 pm

Both of them are great calls,Overhauler in acrylic/wood is an excellent choice.
"No man's Second Amendment rights are safe when the legislature is in session,especially when Democrats are in charge" Mark Twain

I carry a gun,because a cop weighs to much
ColoradoGooser
hunter

Postby MNGunner » Thu Apr 17, 2014 2:21 pm

Anyone have both these calls? I have a Super Mag and am considering a G Overhauler. How do they compare:

Volume?

Pitch?

Air required?

Over all use (e.g. difficulty, sensitivity to exact hand placement)?

Preferred situations for both?

Thanks!
MNGunner
hunter

Postby koonce727 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:47 pm

Out of the grounds goose calls I prefer the g and the triple thang.
Burlap Brothers Guide Service
koonce727
hunter

Postby MNGunner » Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:03 pm

koonce727 wrote:Out of the grounds goose calls I prefer the g and the triple thang.

How do these compare to the TG super mag in terms of questions above?

Thanks
MNGunner
hunter

Postby DKMF » Thu Apr 24, 2014 7:05 pm

The g is a good versitaile call. Doesn't take much air to run, it's fairly quick, can go high and low, cracks nice, rolling doubles are smooth, spit notes are easy to hit, and transition smooth as well. A very good all around call. Not for a beginner but easy to run for the guys who aren't champion of champions. Plus it have the best gut on the market "triple crown". With that said anyone who knows how to tune a goose call can make any call sound awesome with the right guts.
DKMF
hunter

Postby MNGunner » Fri Apr 25, 2014 6:29 am

DKMF wrote:The g is a good versitaile call. Doesn't take much air to run, it's fairly quick, can go high and low, cracks nice, rolling doubles are smooth, spit notes are easy to hit, and transition smooth as well. A very good all around call. Not for a beginner but easy to run for the guys who aren't champion of champions. Plus it have the best gut on the market "triple crown". With that said anyone who knows how to tune a goose call can make any call sound awesome with the right guts.

Thanks! Great review.

Actually just talked to Tim on the phone yesterday and he blew one for me--sounded amazing (of course). I think I'm going to give it try.
MNGunner
hunter

Postby nitram » Fri Apr 25, 2014 7:38 pm

MNGunner wrote:
DKMF wrote:The g is a good versitaile call. Doesn't take much air to run, it's fairly quick, can go high and low, cracks nice, rolling doubles are smooth, spit notes are easy to hit, and transition smooth as well. A very good all around call. Not for a beginner but easy to run for the guys who aren't champion of champions. Plus it have the best gut on the market "triple crown". With that said anyone who knows how to tune a goose call can make any call sound awesome with the right guts.

Thanks! Great review.

Actually just talked to Tim on the phone yesterday and he blew one for me--sounded amazing (of course). I think I'm going to give it try.

I've ran Tim Grounds' calls since the VTH. The G-Overhauler is my pick-of-the-litter. I think you'll take a shine to it and fool a bunch of 'em. I'd sincerely be surprised if you don't.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby MNGunner » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:16 pm

nitram wrote:
MNGunner wrote:

Thanks! Great review.

I've ran Tim Grounds' calls since the VTH. The G-Overhauler is my pick-of-the-litter. I think you'll take a shine to it and fool a bunch of 'em. I'd sincerely be surprised if you don't.

Thanks, Nitram
MNGunner
hunter

Postby OliverLee » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:18 pm

just got the G overhauler about a week ago and its amazing it can do anything and its very very fast
OliverLee
hunter

Postby Full Force Five » Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:53 am

I think it really different than the Super Mag. It's (Grounds G) faster, but just as easy to blow. You have better range high to low. It's a really smooth blowing call. I can't wait to try it out on honker this fall.
I knew this would happen.
Full Force Five
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum