How do Ground's calls compare to...

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

How do Ground's calls compare to...

Postby TNDUCK34 » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:36 pm

How do Ground's triple crown guts and calls compare to Sean Mann's Acrylic Shorty with "broke in guts"?
Waterfowl Obsession: a term used by the lazy, and uncommited
TNDUCK34
hunter

Re: How do Ground's calls compare to...

Postby nitram » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Long story short: I had one of the first 50 Shorty's after it was introduced and used it exclusively, for 4 solid years, either practicing, competition, hunting, and/or guiding from Alberta to Maryland. The Shorty was my first short-reed call and I learned a lot from it. I later tried a Grounds Super Mag along with several others before selecting on another brand I still use to this day. Then along comes Kelley Powers who dominated the world (for a while) using a modified Super Mag. Some of these modifications are the Triple Crown, including the guts. Grounds has several calls now with the TC guts and my choice is the G-Overhauler. They're a little more intensive to tune but you can make 'em goosey. I like Sean as I sincerely think he's one of the good guys in the industry. But if I had to choose between the two, I'd go with the Grounds and the TC Guts.
Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair or f-ing beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.- Al Swearengen
nitram
hunter

Postby TNDUCK34 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:34 am

Thanks for the info!
Waterfowl Obsession: a term used by the lazy, and uncommited
TNDUCK34
hunter

Postby goosewacker1 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:18 pm

TC guts will make almost any goose call run better, they are an outstanding product and sold by a man with integrity.
calls like DRC will have a bit lighter reed roll over than the grounds calls, but the grounds calls are very, very goosey when tuned right!
goosewacker1
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum