Zink calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Zink calls

Postby Sammyshonker » Thu Mar 20, 2014 8:42 pm

Where is the sound files for them? I can't find them on the website or youtube :huh:
"Until then, I'm gonna fear God, love my neighbor, and kill ducks, and let the cards fall where they may..."
Phil Robertson
Sammyshonker
hunter

Re: Zink calls

Postby goosewacker1 » Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:48 pm

they don't have sound files on their web site :no:
ask around for what you are looking for in their various models, I am sure some one here will have experience with the Zink call you are interested in.
goosewacker1
hunter

Postby Honk-n-quack » Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:42 pm

youtube is your friend
Honk-n-quack
hunter

Postby Sammyshonker » Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:50 pm

Iv'e been on you tube, Some doode in a crowded cabelas blasting over the talking people then giving me a sales pitch is hardy a sound file-... I can't believe some companys sell calls for 150-200 bucks and don't have a way for the customer to hear
the damn thing- Kinda like buying a truck and not being able to start it up and drive it first... I've noticed a few others like that, I wont buy one from them- I'll stick with Lynch, Grounds , Saunders etc. as they at least went through the trouble to help the customer hear what they are getting-
"Until then, I'm gonna fear God, love my neighbor, and kill ducks, and let the cards fall where they may..."
Phil Robertson
Sammyshonker
hunter

Postby rxcrider » Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:44 pm

They have quite a few videos on their Facebook page of the different calls.
rxcrider
hunter

Postby Trevor Shannahan » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:41 pm

Sammyshonker wrote:Iv'e been on you tube, Some doode in a crowded cabelas blasting over the talking people then giving me a sales pitch is hardy a sound file-... I can't believe some companys sell calls for 150-200 bucks and don't have a way for the customer to hear
the damn thing- Kinda like buying a truck and not being able to start it up and drive it first... I've noticed a few others like that, I wont buy one from them- I'll stick with Lynch, Grounds , Saunders etc. as they at least went through the trouble to help the customer hear what they are getting-

While it's nice to hear the differences in calls, what does somebody else blowing the call really tell you about them? A soundfile really does no good because who's to say you could blow that call, heck maybe you could blow it better and don't give it a chance because of a bad soundfile. Here's the thing, you give Hunter Grounds any call on the market and have him blow it and you will want to buy it, that doesn't mean every one will run good for you.
Trevor Shannahan
Freestyle Outdoors
Trevor Shannahan
hunter

Postby brent4hire » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:25 am

Trevor Shannahan wrote:
Sammyshonker wrote:Iv'e been on you tube, Some doode in a crowded cabelas blasting over the talking people then giving me a sales pitch is hardy a sound file-... I can't believe some companys sell calls for 150-200 bucks and don't have a way for the customer to hear

While it's nice to hear the differences in calls, what does somebody else blowing the call really tell you about them? A soundfile really does no good because who's to say you could blow that call, heck maybe you could blow it better and don't give it a chance because of a bad soundfile. Here's the thing, you give Hunter Grounds any call on the market and have him blow it and you will want to buy it, that doesn't mean every one will run good for you.

X10. Great post, Trevor.

I think a call company that makes a set of comparative soundfiles for their line-up, recorded in a base-line environment (same studio, same mic, same session, same caller) would give you an idea of what the calls` tonal differences are, but that will still not guarantee someone else will reproduce those sounds, and the likelihood that a buyer is probably going to re-tune the call to run the way they want makes it even more useless...it`s more a reflection of the caller than the call.
If God didn't want us to eat animals then why did He make'em outta meat?
brent4hire
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum