Glynn Scobey Calls

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Glynn Scobey Calls

Postby Trois_beaux_canards » Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:29 am

A guy at Cabelas Talks these calls up with a lot of storm. He claims thery are a great call that requires only a lil' effort. Any of you ever used a Glynn Scobey model 400 or any otehr call whaddya think? It seems liek apretty good bang for your buck, and sounds convincing to me. But, then again...Im no goose. OR am I? I'd like to start practicing my calls now so I can be good and ready when the day comes. This a decent call to start with? Any other thrifty suggestions?
Trois_beaux_canards
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Fri Mar 18, 2005 4:23 pm

Glynn makes some great calls. I live just about fifteen minutes from where he makes them. I don't have any of his goose calls but I have a metal reed and an arkansas style call from him. It takes very little air to operate and sounds good. His calls aren't mass produced like many calls are today. They sound good and you get the look of a nice handmade call.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby mfetter » Sun Mar 20, 2005 8:37 pm

I have one of his goose calls and love it!!! It is alittle higher pitched than others, but it is extremely easy to blow.
If you cant find the duck you hit find someone with a DD.
mfetter
hunter

Postby 98ramtough » Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:03 am

He makes great calls as does Winglock. Both are very VERY good meat calls and are not very expensive.
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Scobey

Postby kentcallahan » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:54 pm

I was fortunate enough to actually meet Glynn Scobey at the Virginia Outdoor Show back in August. He had a booth there selling his calls and I heard him calling and went by his booth. He took about 30 minutes and gave me some private lessons. I bought one of his short reed calls along with a instructional CD. I can't do it like him but it's coming along. The call and CD were well worth the money. You can even call him at home or e-mail him and he will help you if he can. Great guy!! Good Luck!!!
kentcallahan
hunter

Postby Woody27 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:18 pm

Makes a nice call. Haven't tried his short reed. For reasonably priced short reed I like the foiles meat grinder. Scobey's calls are defin goosey though
Woody27
hunter

Postby maccid » Sat Nov 19, 2005 3:54 am

I got to meet him in January in PA at an outdoor show. I bought both his duck and goose call and like them both very much. I thought he was a really nice guy and seemed to really like what he does.
maccid
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum