Redbone 2014 guts

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Redbone 2014 guts

Postby Duck_Popper » Wed May 21, 2014 5:31 pm

Hey gents I have a redbone from 2010 and after watching the video of the new gut system I thought I should give them a call. Well I did and for $80 they will take my call back and clean, put new guts in, and tune.

My question is.... Does anyone own the new gut system and hear a difference. The new system has a precision copper tone board and also is interchangeable from a single fred to double reed. I currently just don't like my 2010 redbone and the sounds are not where I want them. I am hoping the new system is where it's at. From the sound of the videos I can hear a difference and like the pitch. Also wondering if it is easier to blow. Let me know gents.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Re: Redbone 2014 guts

Postby Klondike » Thu May 22, 2014 9:16 pm

The new guts respond very well to voice which adds complexity to the sounds---the rasp penetrates further into the sound further mimicking a live bird

The new calls come set as a double reed,but come with an extra wedge to switch to single if you so choose

Double reed allowing more effort to run for a hard blower,single reed more efficient.

I like the 2014 guts for the rasp penetration along with the clear which is explained in the video---so the main difference between 2010 and 2014---the rasp is heard as part of the sound instead of totally separate sounds with no merging of the rasp and clear

Specks are dirty,just like blues and snows,rasp in the sound is a plus in my opinion

John A. Chiasson
Klondike
hunter

Postby Klondike » Thu May 22, 2014 9:19 pm

The toneboards are brass,not copper

And there is also a new instructional dvd that goes with the purchase of the new calls that is aimed at reducing the learning curve associated with operating the call

Both Nathan and myself try to give examples to serve as a reference point
Klondike
hunter

Postby Duck_Popper » Sat May 24, 2014 7:53 am

Do you get the DVD if you buy the new guy system? Also should I ask to have it set up as single reed then? I just want something that is a bit more forgiving and raspy.
Duck Popper: Congrats man and guess you need to change your name to "Duck Poppa"

"I only want three things out of a shotgun. Boom,Boom,Boom!" _The Duck Commander
Duck_Popper
hunter

Postby Klondike » Sat May 24, 2014 10:27 am

Those are questions for redbone

I would think you have to purchase a new call to get the DVD,but again,that is a question for redbone
Klondike
hunter

Postby Old Hunter » Wed Jun 11, 2014 6:51 am

Are the new guts any more forgiving to moisture?
Old Hunter
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum