Buck Gardner Goose Call

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Buck Gardner Goose Call

Postby hm_palmer » Wed May 11, 2005 2:49 pm

I just bought a Buck Gardner short reed goose call and I cant seem to get the sound right am I dong something wrong or is that just not a good call for beginers.
hm_palmer
hunter

Postby plainsman » Wed May 11, 2005 3:45 pm

I've never tried a Gardner call but can say I haven't heard much good about them. Check your PM's
Causing permenant flight delays
Callin' 'em in and knockin' 'em down
plainsman
hunter

Postby hm_palmer » Thu May 12, 2005 2:47 pm

Yeah I have a double nasty duck call from gardner and it works great I love it.
hm_palmer
hunter

Postby harvey1b » Fri May 13, 2005 1:37 pm

I've got Buck's Canada Hammer II. It has taken awhile to figure it out but with practice I'm getting it and it sounds pretty sweet.
harvey1b
hunter

Postby Remington870 » Sat May 14, 2005 10:09 am

Im getting a goose call and duck call from gardener today are there any real problems with these calls?
Remington870
hunter

Postby hm_palmer » Tue May 17, 2005 10:05 pm

Yeah I have a Canada Hammer II if your new to goose calling its a hard one to learn on I think.
hm_palmer
hunter

Postby take EM' close » Wed May 18, 2005 9:27 pm

I mostly use a Gander Valley and a Snake River custom calls......I highly recommend these calls!! Very easy to blow and man do they sound like a goose!
No other site like honkers floating into you're decoys!
take EM' close
hunter

Postby ks_waterfowler » Thu May 19, 2005 9:07 pm

My friend's first short reed was a Canada Hammer II and he learned on it pretty quick. My brother picked up one of the Big River short reeds and can out call him any day. He even switched over from a flute. It took some time and PRACTICE and he finally got it down. Now that is all that he likes to have on his lanyard.
whistlin_wings wrote:I grew up in a neighborhood with only 3 pools and a public golf course. Thug life is all I know.
ks_waterfowler
hunter

Postby FLOCKTALKIN » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:26 pm

[/u][/i]
FLOCKTALKIN
Newb

Postby quackkiller » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:51 pm

I've got a Canada Hammer II. I think it's one of the best sounding poly calls out there for the price. It takes very little air to blow, and you can get pretty fast on it. IMO it's a very good call, especially if you're learning, plus if ya ever need anything they will go out of their way to help you out. :thumbsup:
quackkiller
hunter

Postby the_duckinator » Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:17 am

Mine's kinda high pitched and seems to take a lot of air, but once you get used to it it sounds really good. Sometimes you've got to grunt into it to get the right tone. If you've got questions give Buck a call, I'm sure he'd help you out.
49% of us didn't vote for him.

Sorry World (we tried)--half of America

3 nations under Bush's God.
the_duckinator
hunter

Postby worknem » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:23 am

First off, I'm not big on testimonials and I don't have any one call, duck or goose, that I feel is the fix all for any situation. For me, I've got the Winglock Delrin Short Reed that I use pretty much exclusively in the field. Only because it sets off what my usual partner has has going with a Basin Abimination or Lares nicely.

Now on to the reason for posting. (I don't do that very often either.) I had the extreme pleasure of spending the evening visiting with John Vaca of Gardner Products yesterday. During that time I blew and heard blown several different Canada Hammer IIs set up for varying calling situations, from comp to beginner level field. All performed extremely well and when put up against some top names they held thier own. We had all levels of callers at this Que and even the beginners were able to use one out of the package at a level that would work birds.

If you've bought one that doesn't live up to what I've described above I'd definitly contact Buck or John about it cause somethin is wrong, be it a defect or operational.

Now I'll finish my lurking then go back to nursing this headache. Someone must have clubbed me last night cause I've never had a hangover after Booker's.

Rel Atwood
worknem
hunter

Postby CALLEMQUACKTN » Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:59 pm

I agree with quackkiller on the Buck Gardner service. One of the best in the calling world. I have the Canada Hammer II & love it. I will be usinig it this fall. :cool:
CALLEMQUACKTN
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum