Duck Hunting Forum banner

Gander valley pcs or hybrid?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Rick Hall 
#1 ·
Need help choosing one or the other. Which do you like more abd what's the difference?

#3 ·
I would strongly suggest you take a real good look at the XXX.
I ran one in ABW all of last season and the birds flat ate it up.I've ran GVCC calls for many years,the hybrid,PCS,Powerhouse,but with the XXX you have the best of all of them calls in one call.

#4 ·
ColoradoGooser said:
I ran one in ABW all of last season and the birds flat ate it up.I've ran GVCC calls for many years,the hybrid,PCS,Powerhouse,but with the XXX you have the best of all of them calls in one call.
Talk to the man himself mark and ended up getting the xxx.

#5 ·
chrisss said:
ColoradoGooser said:
Talk to the man himself mark and ended up getting the xxx.
Excellent choice my friend,you will not regret it! :thumbsup:

#6 ·
ColoradoGooser said:
Heard lotsa good things about this call. GV makes a nice call reguardless. If I had to choose for their line up, it would be the XXX

#8 ·
I have a PCS and like the call generally, but find that the call doesn't fit my hand as I'd like. The fact that it's tapered and short makes it feel as though there's not a lip (or whatever you'd call it) to rest my middle finger on when calling. Anyone else have this issue?

I'm interested in a XXX, but think it will be even more of an issue.

#9 ·
I'm a fan of the GVCC XXX's insert shape, but I like my middle finger just in front of the exhaust. Don't see how you'd find it different than the PCS, but it sounds like you might want something like RNT's Microgoose SS that almost forces the holder to have part of his middle finger on the insert's ledge. (Which bugs pee outta me.)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.