Duck Hunting Forum banner

Field Proven Poly Raptor

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  jjseman 
#1 ·
Have not been goose hunting In a couple years and have hunt with son set up in December. Can't find my Grounds Poly Super Mag so looking for a not real expensive backup if I don't find the Grounds. Anyone try the Field Proven Poly Raptor? I know if I buy another Grounds sure as heck the next day I will find the original. Thanks

#3 ·
The Poly Raptor is one of the best calls for the money for sure. It can sound really good in the hands of a competent caller (check out t shanahan on youtube demo it - he wails on the thing) Easy for a new caller to learn as well. I've got one, and have had great success with it in the field. The call has decent range and really sounds natural. For $30.00, you won't go wrong.
I also have the Tim Grounds poly Super Mag as you mentioned. I ended up experimenting by throwing in the GK broken in guts and it sounds waaaay better than the stock TG guts that came with the call. These guts brought out the growl in the call without sacrificing the top end. For $20.00 vs. what Grounds wants for the Triple Crown guts $50.00, they are just as good, if not better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.