Duck Hunting Forum banner

Zink COD or NOS

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  OhioGHG 
#1 ·
Anyone able to give me any insight between these two calls? What is the difference in terms of ideal use?

#3 ·
Same here. I was fortunate enough to get to run the full Zink line-up when I was in DX, and the COD is a sweet all-around hunting call. The NOS will get the job done, but is geared towards Open comp, so its sweet spot tends to be in lower tuning. The only problem I found with the COD is that you can get everything it does and more out of the NBN in a smaller, more blind friendly package. The only true benefit I could see of having both of these calls in the line-up is that the COD would probably be a little more user-friendly for a novice caller. I couldn`t use Fred`s gut in either - they sound fine, but run way too light for the air I put into a call. That`s not a knock in any way - the newer goose calls he has have gotten further away from his original designs, and a really cool feature of the new calls is that callers can now simply change guts as they progress or if they desire, and completely change the dynamics of that call. This can be said of any call, as you can go with lighter breaking guts in a typically stiffer call. What a circle I just talked myself into - lol.

#6 ·
I love my COD, i ran a RNT Goosezilla for a year and its a great call for beginners but took more air than the COD to produce a good sound. The COD is easy to blow and has great murmurs and can double cluck pretty easily. I didn't like the NOS so much because you can't get the high pitch clucks as easy as you can with the COD and it sounds a little muffled, BUT, the NOS was super simple to blow. Go with the COD, you will love it, so will the geese!

Good Luck!~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.