Duck Hunting Forum banner

best call for goose calling competition?

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  sethhampton1 
#1 ·
Looking into getting a call for calling competition. Any recommendations on what to get. Just for geese not for ducks.

#2 ·
The Grounds guys seem to do pretty good with his calls. I'm assuming that the Triple Thang is probably the "popular" choice. Field seems to do pretty well with his FP Adrenaline also. I think the Molt Gear EX3 X Series is gaining a good following nowadays too. Lots of good choices for you out there.

If you're talking about live goose, the choices open up even more. Grounds Real Thang, Super Thang, or G Overhauler seem to be very popular...as well as many others.

#3 ·
I agree about the Grounds calls. Hard not to...
The FP Adrenaline is also a great contest call.
Check out the Notorious B.I.G from BSCC. (love this call... it's definitely overlooked)
LMC Stage Reaper is a great one as well.
The Comp Slayer also has a ton of goose in it...

So many more... :thumbsup:

#8 ·
Just FYI, you mentioned the Molt Ex3x call on here. I had heard great things about it also. so I ordered one, a new flag system, and "Bad Grammar" DVD's for my buddies kid for Christmas. This was in November and I just got my PayPal Resolution Claim for non-delivery paid out yesterday. Freaking guys kept $271.21 of my cash for a month and a half, wouldn't send me my order, and by the end wouldn't reply to my emails. If you're gonna get a call from them - I would make sure you talk to them about when you're gonna get it.

#9 ·
I don't think there is the one perfect goose call for everyone I would suggest going a local hunting store with a large selection of goose calls and be that guy that tries every call in the case. there are so many different styles of comp calling now and so many different calls to try to fit each style and you need to find which style that fits you the best and go with that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.