Need a goose call...

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Need a goose call...

Postby QuackWacker08 » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:03 pm

I live in La and we get the occasional geese at our property. We dont have enough to have a goose lanyard but I would like a call I can stick on my lanyard and have at em. I dont want an expensive one seeing as I wont use it too much. no more than $30 maybe more if need be...What good sounding calls (kind of one of those best kept secret calls) do you know of that I can use to lure in these geese??
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:15 pm

I really like the poly Zink pc-1 and pm-1. They are very easy to blow, and sound great. IMO the best poly goose call out there for the price. You can get one for $19.99 or $29.99 depending where you get it so shop around. Another call I like is the Buck Gardner canada hammer II. Another great sounding, easy operating call. If at all possible, go somewhere and try some out to see which one like best.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby QuackWacker08 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:59 pm

Are the zinks molds of their bigger brothers?
QuackWacker08
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:46 pm

Cant go wrong with a zink. Havnt heard the poly but im sure it is not to far off of the acrylic. I would asume that it is a mold from the pc-1 and pm-1
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby quackkiller » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:17 pm

Yes, they are molds of the acrylics. They sound great and are easy to blow. They have different guts than the acrylic and wood calls that take less air to operate. The pc-1 is so easy to blow, with a little practice you can use it with one hand. Very good calls IMO.
quackkiller
hunter

Postby ShortReed » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:11 pm

All of the calls mentioned by quackkiller are great, I'd go PC-1 or Canada Hammer II if you're looking to spend $20 - $30 and just starting out. The PM-1 has less built-in back pressure and takes more hand manipulation to get good sounds compared to the PC-1 and Canada Hammer II. There is another thread, Good Goose Call, where I mentioned some other things to look at if you're just getting into shortreed calls.
Clint
Take 'em
ShortReed
hunter

Postby greylager » Sat Jul 30, 2005 5:43 am

The Primos Honky Tonk is a good call for around $20. Its very easey to blow and will go high for double clucks or low for feed calls
greylager
hunter

Re: Need a goose call...

Postby fowlboy » Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:26 am

QuackWacker08 wrote:I live in La and we get the occasional geese at our property. We dont have enough to have a goose lanyard but I would like a call I can stick on my lanyard and have at em. I dont want an expensive one seeing as I wont use it too much. no more than $30 maybe more if need be...What good sounding calls (kind of one of those best kept secret calls) do you know of that I can use to lure in these geese??

Zinks Polycarb Line will fit your needs perfect!

Zinkcalls.com - Check em' out!
fowlboy
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum