Duck Hunting Forum banner

Knight N Hale Pit Boss goose call

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Posted Land Nocturnal bandit 
#1 ·
I am new to calling. I bought a Knight N Hale Pit Boss with DVD. It was cheap and I did not want to spend a fortune on a goose call just to learn. Just wondering what some of you guys think of this call. How hard will it be to learn. How do I tune it. Do you have any recomendations on how to learn it.

#3 ·
A Pit Boss can sound fine. Learn to blow that call then try other calls. Once you can call good enough to know the difference between how different calls run.

#5 ·
Learned on a pit boss myself, sounded good with it too, but looking back the cheap quality of the call made learning to use a short reed much more difficult then it needed to be. Should have just spent the money on some of a bit more quality. My first acrylic was a Zink LM-1 and it's still my #1 call to this day. Quality calls produce quality sound.

#6 ·
UpstateHonker11 said:
Learned on a pit boss myself, sounded good with it too, but looking back the cheap quality of the call made learning to use a short reed much more difficult then it needed to be. Should have just spent the money on some of a bit more quality. My first acrylic was a Zink LM-1 and it's still my #1 call to this day. Quality calls produce quality sound.
Thanks for the info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.