Duck Hunting Forum banner

Gander Valley Hybrid

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  ColoradoGooser 
#1 ·
Just recently received a Gander Valley Hybrid in hedge. Great looking and sounding goose call. It's the first hedge goose call that I've owned and it looks great! The call has a very powerful yet smooth and mellow sound to it. The guts are also very tunable to get that sound your looking for without being touchy like some guts can be. Mark is a great guy to talk to as well. Now I may have to get the XXX at some point in the future!

#2 ·
11-87 Va said:
Now I may have to get the XXX at some point in the future!
I have the XXX in both hedge and African blackwood and prefer the hedge. Unlike some, I don't find hedge a "mellow" wood so much as having a certain resonance that I like. I've experimented some with a few different guts in it and found I prefer Saunders regular (not broken in) red gut with a full reed to the stock KOAs and shaved reed or KOAs with a full reed. Maybe not quite so nimble, but more crack. But I'd recommend giving the XXX a go, with or without modification, to anyone. Sweet little call.

#3 ·
Hybrid is a sweet call,especially in hedge!
As Rick mentioned the XXX in wood is also a great choice,but unlike Rick I prefer my ABW XXX over my hedge XXX.
The Powerhouse is also very mellow in hedge as well,makes an awesome finishing call or over water.
The guts do match very well with Marks line of calls be it the Powerhouse right through to the XXX,I've also had very good performance from Saunders red guts in them as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.