Duck Hunting Forum banner

COD tuning

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ColoradoGooser 
#1 ·
I can't get my COD to sound right. Out of the box it was great on high end, but i couldn't get the low end to work. I tried to do some tuning, and ill get it close, but not great. Any tips or maybe a picture of your reed and wedge placement, would be greatly appreciated.
MDW

#2 ·
Them Zink guts are the toughest to tune,dont know what it is about them,either you have great high end and no bottom end or you have great bottom end and lack luster top end.
Here is a pic I found on another site,doubt it will help you much.

#3 ·
I've also had a very hard time tuning this call. Took me a ton of attempts to find the "sweet spot." If your going to tune your call, be prepared to struggle to get it to sound even close to right again. Trial and error is the best advice. Do some reading on how each factor changes how the call sounds, this will help so your not just guessing.

#4 ·
I just took my COD apart last night to clean as it was sounding like it had some grit in it. Im new to calling so I didn't mark reed and have been having a hell of a time getting it back together properly. This photo on here helps. So it appears the rubber cork needs to be flush with the end. Pain in the butt to slide it all in properly. Been trying to hold both pieces together and then slid in simultaneously. Anyone have any tips putting this thing back together?

#5 ·
Here is a great video on tuning a call as well as how the parts go back in the call.It's a little long but it should cover you,from some one who knows his way around a short reed goose call.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.