Duck Hunting Forum banner

Best contest call

970 views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  cnegeese801 
#1 ·
I am looking to see what all of you think is the best contest short reed goose call. A few examples would be like the TG Triple Thang or the Field Proven Calls Matrix. Thanks yall

#2 ·
Both of those mentioned calls will fit the bill,if the man behind them has the talent to run them to their potential.

#4 ·
elitecallin16 said:
ColoradoGooser said:
Both of those mentioned calls will fit the bill,if the man behind them has the talent to run them to their potential.
What's your opinion on the Zink CoD?
Probably the best of the newer Zink short reed calls,excellent range.

#5 ·
ColoradoGooser said:
elitecallin16 said:
ColoradoGooser said:
What's your opinion on the Zink CoD?
Probably the best of the newer Zink short reed calls,excellent range.
So would you recommend that or the TG Triple Thang?

#6 ·
Here are stats from this year. Can't go wrong with any of the top 9 companies

Based upon the data in the CallingDucks.com database, listed below are the rankings of Call Makers by number of times their calls WON a GOOSE calling contest during the 2015 season.

Rank Call Maker Total

#1 Black Timber Calls 16
#2 Bay Country Calls 15
#3 Zink Calls 10
#4 Tim Grounds Championship Calls 9
#5 Molt Gear 8
#6 GK Calls 8
#7 Foiles Migrators, Inc. 5
#8 Bill Saunders Calls & Gear 4
#9 Field P:roven Calls 3
#10 Capital Waterfowliing 3
#11 Buck Gardner Calls 3
#12 Mouth Call 3
#13 Allen Bliven Calls 2
#14 Grimsby Custom Calls 2
#15 Banded Calls 1
#16 Pacific Calls 1
#17 Precision Calls 1
#18 Rich-N-Tone Duck Calls, Inc. (RNT) 1

#9 ·
Pecski said:
lets get one thing straight... calls don't win the contest, callers do. I used to contest call with one my dad turned out of aluminum and cocobolo with knight and hale guts and won a few contests. The most important thing is a good set of broke in guts.
Yep
ColoradoGooser said:

#10 ·
Pecski said:
lets get one thing straight... calls don't win the contest, callers do. I used to contest call with one my dad turned out of aluminum and cocobolo with knight and hale guts and won a few contests. The most important thing is a good set of broke in guts.
While this is true, a callers needs a call design that won't limit them and their abilities

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.