Duck Hunting Forum banner

RCC or RNT speck call

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  DustinG 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a speck call and I really like the RNT barbelly but I want to know if the RCC speck is any better. Any info would be great thanks!

#3 ·
Either of those calls is capable of making any sound most of us can execute. I've tried both and think highly of both calls. I own two Barbellies because they blow better for me. Plenty of friends run the Riceland. It's probably the most popular speck call out.

Do yourself a favor and get one tuned for you, in person. Knowing the call is set up for your success gives you more confidence and more drive to practice.

#5 ·
first speck call I bought 4-5 years ago was a RNT and its what I learned with, it sounds good and have killed specks with it and even called some to land in the decoys . got a Riceland this year after the season to start practicing and it is way easier to blow and sounds great. I'll be using it for sure from here on

#6 ·
DustinG said:
first speck call I bought 4-5 years ago was a RNT and its what I learned with, it sounds good and have killed specks with it and even called some to land in the decoys . got a Riceland this year after the season to start practicing and it is way easier to blow and sounds great. I'll be using it for sure from here on
Unless your RNT is their current "Barbelly" with like-sized guts to your Riceland, "way easier to blow" may be misleading, as the original RNTs have smaller, less forgiving guts.

#7 ·
Rick Hall said:
DustinG said:
Unless your RNT is their current "Barbelly" with like-sized guts to your Riceland, "way easier to blow" may be misleading, as the original RNTs have smaller, less forgiving guts.
Yes the RNT I have is the Speck Hunter, small guts, Cocobolo barrel and polymer insert. Ive heard good things about the Barbelly and would have like to try it, but 65$for the Riceland Poly or 150$ for the Barbelly made my decision

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.