Duck Hunting Forum banner

Recommend a beginner goose call

2K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  tornadochaser 
#1 ·
It doesn't have to be uber cheap, just a good reliable easy to blow quality call.

Most the posts I found started with "is this a good call" - you tell me what to look at.

Thanks ahead of time.
Spot

#3 ·
Cheap... Buck Gardner Canada hammer 2 or zink pc-1both very good calls to learn on that won't break the bank... I still use mine on occasion and I like to leave one in my Jeep to use as a practice call... But I've since moved on to a molt gear reflex and love it...

#4 ·
walnuts4x4 said:
Cheap... Buck Gardner Canada hammer 2 or zink pc-1both very good calls to learn on that won't break the bank... I still use mine on occasion and I like to leave one in my Jeep to use as a practice call... But I've since moved on to a molt gear reflex and love it...
Yep on the Ex-Reflex. Or I would even suggest a Molt Gear EX3- X series

#6 ·
Is there such a thing as a beginner goose call? Whats one cost 10 bucks, fifteen? You get what you pay for, sometimes a cheap call sounds like crap so its discouraging to the beginner using it. My recommendation for a beginner would be an Acrylic Sean Mann Eastern Shoreman. Its middle of the line in cost, blows easy and really not that hard to master. Ive got high dollar calls in my field bag and I never use them and haven't in over 15 years. The Mann call does everything I demand of it and actually like its sound better than any call I have

#7 ·
Great suggestions so far. I'll jump in. Picked up a Saunders Traffic before the early season. It has been a fun call to use. Sounds so goosey. Takes no more effort than your other market leading goose calls. Plus, it has a bit more buzz on the bottom and I like the way that sounds. Easy call to use.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.