Duck Hunting Forum banner

Help picking a call

291 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Fowledout 
#1 ·
Sorry to make another one of these posts but I need your help. I'm a very novice goose caller, I've been using a flex-tone call to learn on and feel like I've reached its limits. So either its a pretty crappy call or I'm a bad caller but I've at least learned the mechanics and can get some pretty good sounds out of it. The problem is is that it takes tons of air and isn't very loud or realistic so I want to get a new call.

I've been reading a ton of threads on this forum and doing research and I had decided to get the poly field proven raptor. But when i went to order it on cabelas I saw that the zink pc-1 was on sale for 19.99. Also I saw a Bill saunders refuge series for 30 bucks.

Now I can't decide and I'd really appreciate some input on which call you guys think is the best deal and will be the best call to become proficient at quickly but also gives me room to grow. Thanks for your time!

#6 ·
Just to let ya'll know and for future people who might read this and wonder, I got the Field proven raptor and absolutely love it. What sealed the deal was the free youtube series they have out on how to use a goose call. I followed it piece by piece and was amazed by how much I was able to improve my mechanics and technique and now I can easily produce all the basic and even some advanced sounds.

thanks again guys for your input and help!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.