Haydel's short reed?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Haydel's short reed?

Postby macdaddy » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:44 am

I've just seen this short reed call - Haydel's say that they've been developing this call for two years. It appears to be black plastic. Has anyone tried it? Is it worth the $25 - $30 that the catalogues are asking? Youns have said that short reeds can do much more than flutes, but take a lot of learning & practice. I want to try, but I don't want to break the bank. I know that Haydel's calls have a good reputation; I figured that this one might be good, as well. If any of youns have tried this call, please let me know.
I'm the guy your Mother Goose warned you about.
macdaddy
hunter

Postby Gopack » Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:05 pm

Hey man,I actually bought that call last year.It's ok, though I'm having problems with short reeds. I still depend on the my Big River Flute. I've heard alot of guys talk about how great short reeds are, but man are they pricey. I got a K n H Pit Boss this year and have had descent luck with it, though the only way I can break it over is with my hands!!Anyway if you want to try the Haydel's let me know, not trying to spam but I'll let it go for cheap. If you're just interested in Haydel's calls,Personally I've always blown Haydel's duck calls, check thier web site. They have a "value pak" with the black short reed and a "........easier blowing short reed" for sale. Hope this helps.
Gopack
hunter

Postby C_DUbb » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:36 pm

Haydels is a good call manufacturer. If they have put their name on it, it is worth it.
I still have a Haydels on my lanyard that I bought about 10 years ago. Even though I have interest elswere. So with that said I would take up Gopack's offer.

Gopack you wrote:
I've heard alot of guys talk about how great short reeds are, but man are they pricey.

Do some looking. There are some calls out there pretty cheap. They are just as good as anyother. Most makers use the same "pieces" (guts)

There is a big name out there that sells one in camo for 40.00. Check walmart or Cabelas.

C Dubb
Callem in your face close!!
And
Do em
UGLY!!!
C_DUbb
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum