Goose Calls, what kind and where can I get them?

Information on goose calls and goose calling tips.

Moderators: quackerkiller, Ross R, Oregon Honker

Goose Calls, what kind and where can I get them?

Postby Ambushem » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:40 pm

I am getting readyfor a new hunting season in new country, and I will be hunting Canadian Geese. What kind of call or calls, should I have.and where can I get them. I will be laying in amongst my decoys if that means anything. Any help would be great.......thanks
Ambushem
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:32 pm

What type of feild, what type of geese are in the area, what do u want from the call (loud, soft, goosy, poly, wood, acyrlic) how much do u want to spend..... more info needed to help ya out!
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby Ambushem » Tue Sep 13, 2005 5:53 pm

sorry about that, didnt even think about.....lol....... Well I am gonna be field hunting mostly, on winter wheat, and a little bit of water, but not much. I am hunting Canadians, and cost isn't really a problem. I am just not sure about the different sounds, I am not really sure what I should go with, there is usally about 3 of us sometimes 4 that go, and we would all I would imagine you would want all of us calling differently with different calls right? If not, I am not really sure what kind of call to go with.....
Ambushem
hunter

Postby goosehunter64 » Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:45 pm

Where are you originally from??? :umm:
Rob.
Team WingLock
Lock'em "N" Rock'em
goosehunter64
hunter

Postby Robberwood » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:22 am

As ive said before, get a Honker talk by shawn stahl and a zink Poly goose call or Buck gardner canada hammer II and practice a lot. it will turn you into a short reed lover. Then you can move to a basin abomination like a real man!! lol Let me know if you need any more help finding anything
"Dont land over there!"
So what time are they suppose to show up?
Robberwood
hunter

Postby gunman » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:58 am

Robberwood wrote:As ive said before, get a Buck gardner canada hammer II and practice a lot.

:withstupid: great call, easy to blow! :thumbsup:
My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am.
--------------------
Hunters are alot like Birdwatchers. Only after watching while, we start shooting!
gunman
hunter

Postby Ambushem » Wed Sep 14, 2005 8:19 am

Thanks a bunch guys, hey Goosehunter64, I am originally from the Kenai Peninsula in Alaska, we moved to Montana last April, did some Waterfowl hunting in the fall, and didnt do too well, lol, so I figured I was gonna need some help, lol, you guys have been great, and I really enjoy this site, full of info and knowledge that everyone can learn from..... Thanks a bunch
Ambushem
hunter

Postby Ambushem » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:58 pm

Thought that I would let you guys know that I bought the Canada Hammer 2 by Buck Gardner, an absolutley awsome call in my opinion. I like the different calls that I can produce with it and the easyness of it, thanks guys for the tips......
Ambushem
hunter

Return to Goose Calls and Calling Forum