mojo goose

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

mojo goose

Postby REM110 » Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:29 pm

Has any one out there tryed the mojo goose, thinking of picking up one or two. But they cost so much I'd like to hear from other goose hunters out there to see if they are up to all the hype.
REM110
hunter

Postby h2ofwlr » Fri Oct 22, 2004 8:58 pm

I have reservations on their effectiveness for Honkers.

I do have duck spinners, so the same thing and I usually hunt both ducks and geese in the field. My experience is that the geese will not committ as a a rule. The spinners are basically like flagging-getting their attention. But they seem to shy away the last 100yds and slide off. So if you get one--get the remote control and turn the thing off when they are 150 yds out is my advice. Also check your provincal laws regarding remotes as I know that some States the remotes are illegal.

That being said, flagging is very effective, even more so than a spinner IMHO. And a lot cheaper too.
The Audacity of Bull Crap.
"Typical: Gun-loving, bitter bible-thumping white person" Barack Obama.
Hey I resemble that comment!!! Those are FIGHTING WORDS!!!
h2ofwlr
Forum & State Moderator

Postby yellowlab » Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:51 pm

i have hunted over then a few time and to me i belive they scared 32 or 3 times as many brilds as they brought in and i don;t think they are worth the money at all... but i do belive they can be deadly on ducks
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby NESoDak » Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:35 pm

I have never used one, but have been steered away from them by friends. A guy put it to me this way, geese don't hover like ducks do and the spinning wing geese don't look natural. Everyting must be taken with a grain of salt of course, but it makes a certain amount of sense.
"If you don't think too good ... Don't think too much." Ted Williams
NESoDak
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Oct 25, 2004 8:34 pm

yeah taht dose make seice about geese not hovering that explaines it i knew they kinda shyed away but i didn;t know why... thanks NESoDak
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Drew Willemsen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 11:42 pm

Buy more foots instead....it is a waste of money....IMO
Drew Willemsen
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:18 am

:withstupid: go with what Drew said.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby duckplucker » Tue Oct 26, 2004 7:06 pm

Spinners on geese are totally wasted, like this one time when i ...... :toofunny: sorry, thats my lame idea of a joke (for anyone who didnt get my stupid not so humorous humor, i was gonna tell a story of being totally wasted...) but in all seriousness put your money into a nice spread of big foots or shells or whatever and skip the goose spinner. they are effective on ducks but remotes are nice to shut them off when geese start to come in.
duckplucker
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum