GHG decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

GHG decoys

Postby Quackkills9 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:23 pm

I bought 2 boxes of GHG full bodies for 90 bucks each, pretty cheap, were 30% off and big foots are 70 per box and i did buy 2 boxes of them... I like the GHG fullbodies and havent had any problems with the paint that some people were saying they dont like.. Good Huntin :thumbsup:
"Get Down and Cover Up!" -Tim Grounds
"In Yo' Face!"
"My Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor Student!"
Quackkills9
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:25 pm

I have the shell decoys, and the paint is comming off of them, its not a lot yet. My cousin just bought some fullbodies this weekend and they look awsome, the paint is holding up so far.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby Quackkills9 » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:28 pm

was thinking about some GHG shell decoys but havent bought any, do they work well or? I have used my first dozen of GHG fullbodies one season and the paint hasnt came off yet, maybe its because i am taking care of them, not throwing them in piles like some people do with big foots and other Fullbodies... Good Hunting

Be safe deer hunting this weekend if youre out deer hutning and get a big one :getdown:
"Get Down and Cover Up!" -Tim Grounds
"In Yo' Face!"
"My Retriever is Smarter than Your Honor Student!"
Quackkills9
hunter

Postby mallardhunter » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:32 pm

The shells work great. They used to be the best looking decoys we had until I got some bigfeet. They hold up pretty good since I have used them. I bought them back in Aug.
Keep working millions on welfare depend on you!!!
If hunting is a sport I am the M.V.P.
www.goosehuntingchat.com
www.nodakoutdoors.com
mallardhunter
hunter

Postby yellowlab » Mon Nov 08, 2004 11:11 pm

yeah ghg has 2 things going for them they are cheaper than foots and they have already flocked heads ... i think this makes a lot of sell for avery...
all in all they are a pretty nice deke
yellowlab
Forum & State Moderator

Postby quackerkiller » Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:32 am

there nice deks until you use them. :laughing: the paint comes off and they will fall apart some might last but most pretty much of all there decoys chips and crack and fall apart. stick with the foots there the only thing that will last and also g&h but i just use there mallard deks.
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby mndemohead » Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:34 pm

I just sold my ghg full bodies on the clssified forum. they were horrible, They looked good but were a real pain in the butt, I had two heads strip out on my feeders rite out of the box, I used them three times and had paint rubbing off almost every one of them, They look good when they are new but are not practical at all, Unless you can bag them each up seperately at the end of the day, I wouldnt recomend them, I also had problems with the legs coming apart on a few. They May be a little nicer looking the the bigfoot but are not durable whats so ever. However I have a few dozen shells and they seem to be holding up o.k. But the way we hunt and haul our dekes the bigfoots are still the Way to go.
The more people I meet the more I like my hunting dog.
mndemohead
hunter

ghg dekes

Postby suskiedrake » Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:20 pm

I am more than unsatified with mine I got a dozen floaters and out of the box one had a bad keel I called the never made good I have sent over 20 emails still no response. then after four days the paint looked like flambeau cheapos I have had for over four years the shells paint was a little better. but they are starting to resemble snows as well. I have been buying hardcores lately they are real salty but work better than stuffers I have also been work bigfoots into my schemes as well couldnt ask for better paint.
suskiedrake
hunter

Postby quackerkiller » Fri Nov 12, 2004 8:33 am

yea bigfoots are the best by far
Lynch Mob Calls Pro-Staff
Out For Blood
quackerkiller
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2004 4:35 pm

Maybe for the people who dont like GHG and saying the paint comes off, are you just throwing them in a pile like Big Foots, i put 6 in a decoy bag and i have used my 2 dozen GHG fullbodies around 15 days this year and nothing looks different when i bought them. i see people piling up their big foots and not taking great care of them. i might be wrong but i really like the GHG fullbodies. Good Huntin' :thumbsup:

Return to Goose Decoy Forum