Looker bag

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Looker bag

Postby islandgoose » Sat Dec 24, 2011 10:09 pm

I have 4 ghg ffd looker decoys that I am trying to find a bag that will fit them properly with the bases still attached.The bags I have seen don't fit them . Does anyone use a bag that fits 4 ghg ffd LOOKERS in it with the bases attached.?
islandgoose
hunter

Re: Looker bag

Postby quacknstack6 » Sun Dec 25, 2011 11:06 pm

you tried the honker bag by avery? that is what i used for my harvester pack of ghg's and i think it is too big.
assateague wrote:When. I. Kill. One. You. Bastards. Are. Never. Gonna. Hear. The. End. Of. It.
quacknstack6
hunter

Postby islandgoose » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:33 pm

Rogers sent me a bag with the 4 ffd's but was to small to fit the solid bases on the decoys. You would think someone would make a bag to fit the whole decoy, bases and all. I have asked this question on other sites too and you are the only one to respond. I have called rogers and they don't even know.
islandgoose
hunter

Postby 23yearsago » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:05 pm

You can Dremel grind or knife shave a bit of plastic off the body opening where the bases attach so that the bases will fit up inside the body for storage. Worked for mine. The looker fits the bag slot like any other body. Base is right there to be pulled back out and locked in......the molded leg cutout area are the points where the base fits up and through the best.
23yearsago
hunter

Postby islandgoose » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:12 pm

Great idea 23yearsago. Thanks
islandgoose
hunter

Postby duckdozer » Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:52 pm

try the rig'em right bigfoot/stand bags I bet they will work for ya cabelas has them as well as rogers and other places.

http://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=110&product_id=1971
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby islandgoose » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:02 am

I called Rogers and asked them if the lookers would fit that bag but they could not tell me .You would think that rogers would try to test to see if the decoys would fit but no . I can't be the only person that has called them with this question.
islandgoose
hunter

Postby gondo » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:58 am

you ever find a bag that fit, without any take down? doest the rig em right xl6 fit six better then the ghg full body honker bag?
gondo
Newb

Postby duckdozer » Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 pm

I am pretty sure that the pic the rigem right has for the bag has 4 ghg lookers in it, I just looked and saw 2 bigfoot Nd 2 dakotas in the bag I am sure the ghgs will fit have you ever seen a bigfoot looker, Friggin huge
Aux Lake H Maxine NAVHDA NA Prize 2 103pts
Retrieves Season #1 185
Season #2 197
Mallyard wrote:LOL... Truck+Gas+Basic Knowledge of Waterfowl habits = chance at sucess!
duckdozer
hunter

Postby gondo » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:37 am

No i havent seen one, somehow i dont know anyone with BFs, I had just got six more ghg ffd lookers is why i was asking, i ended up getting the xl-6 since rigemright was having a sell on them for $29... ill post up how they fit.
gondo
Newb

Postby gondo » Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:42 pm

Got the xl-6 today in the mail, 6 ghg lookers fit easily with bases and tallest heads, bag is well made and appears it will serve its purpose well.... now what i did notice is that it makes a monster of a carry bag, im a big guy and i was out of breath after hanging it on a ceiling hook, couldnt imagine carrying that thing more than a couple hundred yards and that would only be by itself... it does have what rigemright is calling 2 person handles and its a good thing because you need them for any distance at all... i think it would be more manageable to get multiple xl-4 bags... you couldnt beat the 29 dollar price though!
gondo
Newb

Return to Goose Decoy Forum