need some advice

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

need some advice

Postby mdfowlman » Wed May 16, 2012 3:59 pm

So im buying atleast 3 dozen new fullbodies soon. I had planned on getting bigfoots but noticed that I can get the tanglefree progrades for $230 a dozen with slotted bags and the bigfoots are almost $400 a dozen so I could either save the money or get more decoys for my money.. But are the tanglefrees worth buy even at that price. What would you guys do?
Thanks
mdfowlman
hunter

Re: need some advice

Postby alloutwar13 » Fri May 18, 2012 11:01 am

You should check out www.Rogerssportinggoods.com I saw they have the Tanglefree fullbodies on sale for like 114 for six plus a free bag. They also have a bunch of other dekes on sale. The Higdons arent bad either they are alot like the Bigfoots and I think they are pretty cheap right now. I have had no problems with Bigfoots, GHGs, Higdons, or Hardcores however I havent tried any of the Tanglefrees yet. Whatever you choose I hope they hold up good for ya, happy hunting.
WisconsinWaterfowler wrote "I would rather get raped by a dude than have that happen to my d^&%"
alloutwar13
hunter

Postby mdfowlman » Sat May 19, 2012 1:48 am

I ended up getting the bigfoots. My local bass pro finally matched rogers price so I picked up 3 dozen. I still might pick up a dozen or two tanglefree just to add numbers to my spread
mdfowlman
hunter

Postby noweil » Sat May 19, 2012 4:56 pm

You made a good choice in my opinion. I still have Big Foot decoys that were made in 1985. I have seen Higdons, GHG, and others come and go in some friends decoy spreads. The Big Foot decoys were much more durable. It is hard to buy American made products in many different types of consumer goods now days. However in the world of full body goose decoys one of the best products on the market is made in the USA. It should be a no brainer.
Attachments
2012-04-08 15.34.23-2.jpg
CRP was responsible for 25.7 million additional ducks produced in the U.S. Prairie Pothole Region during 1992-2003.  Source DU.
noweil
hunter

Postby berganser » Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:32 pm

noweil wrote:You made a good choice in my opinion. I still have Big Foot decoys that were made in 1985. I have seen Higdons, GHG, and others come and go in some friends decoy spreads. The Big Foot decoys were much more durable. It is hard to buy American made products in many different types of consumer goods now days. However in the world of full body goose decoys one of the best products on the market is made in the USA. It should be a no brainer.

Agree there! Made in the USA and are a Durable Decoy
Hey, Let's go Huntin'!!
Committed Custom Calls! Try one out!!
berganser
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum