Cork Decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Cork Decoys

Postby Massguy » Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:47 pm

I recently bought a set of cork goose decoy and other items in a bulk buy. They are three full body floating decoys with detachable wooden heads, and glass eyes and one feeder decoy with what looks like to be some type of rubber for feet. They are in excellent shape and with three of them still in the plastic bags. The box they came in says L.L. Bean but I can't find any maker on the decoys.
Is there a way to know who made them and there value? The screw that holds the head on is a flat head screw which may help with dating them. I would like to post a picture but don't know how.
Massguy
hunter

Re: Cork Decoys

Postby Slack Tide » Mon Jun 11, 2012 9:52 am

Bean did make geese decoys and I think they did even make a tipper-feeder that you described. There were many staff carvers over the years and only a few that were notable.
Take a picture of them and save it to your computer. When you are ready to post it, look at the bottom of this screen and see where it says "upload an attachment" when you click on that, you can select your picture from the list of lids on your computer and attach it
"I've been left for dead before but I'll still fight on, don't wait up, leave the light on, I'll be home soon"
Chris Smither
Slack Tide
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum