Rogers 12 Slot and GHG Lessers

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Rogers 12 Slot and GHG Lessers

Postby garza7585 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:20 am

Ok, so whats the deal? I've done research and there is mixed feelings on whether or not the Rogers 12-slot full body duck bag will work on GHG Lessers. I've purchased 18 Pro-Grades and needs a place to put'em and keep them organized. Will the Rogers bag work?

Help me out!!
garza7585
hunter

Re: Rogers 12 Slot and GHG Lessers

Postby Cliner » Tue Jun 19, 2012 1:07 pm

I'm not sure about the duck bags, but I would DEFINITELY stay away from the full body bags for lessers. They are huge with full bodies in them. Call Rogers and ask them, I'm sure they've had people try it.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:17 pm

I have 2 dozen GHG lessers in 2 Rogers FB duck bags and they'll fit with no extra wiggle room and I mean... ZERO EXTRA ROOM!! They (GHGs) are a bit smaller than other lesser deeks and while they certainly will swim in the Rogers Lesser bag, it will still suit you fine either way. I have 2 dozen TF lessers (about 10-15% bigger than the GHGs) in the Rogers brand lesser bags and they still have some extra room to adjust the fit. I figure you're asking about those bags because you saw the web site is sold out of the lesser bags?
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby garza7585 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:29 pm

Yep... Wondering when they'll get more in...

Also considering getting some Dakota lessers... Macks has them CHEAP compared to what ive seen. From what I've gather the Dakota lessers are a bit larger than the GHGs so Rogers lesser bags will be a must.
garza7585
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:19 pm

Honestly, with dakotas being as tough as they are, I'd almost be willing to just pile em up in the trailer and dispense with the trouble of bagging them. Attach the motion base and just pile em up. Makes for a quik set up I can tell you from experience. :thumbsup:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby imaduckin up north » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 pm

i use the 6 slot HC bags and like them just fine , i can get 2 lessors in each slot so 1 prograde should fit fine.
,IS IT DUCK SEASON YET
THERE AINT NO DUCKS IN VA, dicks sporting goods told me so
you can educate ignorance
you can medicate crazy
but you cant fix stupid
imaduckin up north
hunter

Postby thebirdduster » Sat Dec 01, 2012 6:14 pm

i went with the 12 slot bag by ghg for my goose floaters. There is zero extra room and awkward and difficult to carry . if i could i would go back and buy 2 six slot bags eassier to carry store and more room in the slots
thebirdduster
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum