Big Al's decoys

Compare goose decoys, goose setups and ideas and everything that goes with the sport of decoying geese

Moderators: MM, yellowlab, 1ynggun

Big Al's decoys

Postby cut_un » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:51 am

Any of you guys have/use Big Al's decoys? Trying to add to my decoys spread and thinking I may be hunting more this season alone,decided to go with silos..... recently ordered a couple doz. of the greaters. Hope to have them soon. With the Real geese deks I already have, will give me 4 doz 2 D dekes :thumbsup:
Big Al's" Take 'Em" Silhouettes Pro Staff

Team Chasin' Feathers
Eastern Shore Rod & Gun Club
Share your passion, take a kid hunting!
cut_un
hunter

Re: Big Al's decoys

Postby dsm16428 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:00 pm

You know I am Joe!! :beer: Great guy and fantastic decoys for the money. :thumbsup:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby cut_un » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:24 pm

Did not knw you were Al's corner man, brother! Now have talked to him a few times,plus ordered his decoys.... Have to agree, a great guy indeed, Seems to have one heck of a business going, should set the world on fire at this rate! Good Luck to you guys,will talk you guys up over hee on the east coast :bow:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby dsm16428 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 4:43 pm

cut_un wrote:Did not knw you were Al's corner man, brother! Now have talked to him a few times,plus ordered his decoys.... Have to agree, a great guy indeed, Seems to have one heck of a business going, should set the world on fire at this rate! Good Luck to you guys,will talk you guys up over hee on the east coast :bow:

I don't flaunt it like some guys do with the companies they staff for Joe. I like to think I inadvertantly helped him out when I bought some of his silos and reviewed them on the other site before I ever even spoke to the guy. I have to say I was happily impressed with the man and the product! After it was said and done I think I made the right choice wouldn't you? :beer:
Big Al's "Take-Em" Style Silhoutte Decoy Pro-Staff.
N.O. Outdoors Guide Service, President and CEO. "You try harder so we don't have to."
Don't do anything you wouldn't want to admit to the paramedics after.
dsm16428
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:30 pm

Have to agree Al is a people person!, must say most guys use full bodies "over here on the east coast"....... but I plan to put mine to work and when I do,I plan to talk about it :wink:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby erp10 » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:20 am

I think you will like Big Al's decoys. We used them last year for late season mixed in with our Full body decoys and the birds liked them. I look forward to trying them out on the geese this early season.
erp10
hunter

Postby cuppedandkilled » Mon Jul 09, 2012 8:32 pm

Sure am. I like them ALOT. I think their stake system is much better than the major brand out there. Detail is great and they're super light. Image

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Postby tripleb56 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:43 am

I must say so myself Al is a great guy with a great product. I have never interacted with someone about their product before and had them be so nice and forth coming. I recieved my sample in the mail and I liked them so much I already have 6 dozen ordered for the spread. I think it says a lot when I had them in my yard for a day to check reflection and run some stress tests and the next day my neighbor came over after they were removed and asked if I saw the geese that were in my yard the day before. :lol3:

I ran a lot of tests with them and ran some training drills with my dog running through them. He likes to run right over decoys to get to the bird and after him body checking these silo's several times the stands never bent and the chloroplast was rock solid. I also slid them around the bed of my truck and was pleasently surprised at the fact that their were only a few barely noticeable scratches after a lot of sliding. I am more than pleased with the results and I am really excited to hunt over these during the september goose hunt. :thumbsup:
It's about time!
tripleb56
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:47 am

A great review! Thanks for the pics,do liken the brown backs,as opposed to the gray. Will see what the geese this this fall :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby cut_un » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Guys, was talking fowl with Big Al today. Got to thinking,as we talked it donned on me "the early bird catches the worm may apply here" We were talking about the fact it takes time to fill each order and that he is expecting/hoping for the flood gates to open as the season gets nearer. Just thinking that it may be a good idea to PLACE THAT ORDER SOON if you want em for opening day! Just saying :thumbsup:

Team Chasin' Feathers
cut_un
hunter

Postby rew » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:18 pm

i am looking to buy a goose spread for next year and already have some shells and was looking at buying some more and possibly getting a few doz silo. i am curious about how well the stake system works on al's decoys. is it easy to push it into the ground or do you have to use a stake like the others out there?
rew
hunter

Postby erp10 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:03 pm

They are very easy to put into the ground. They use a two prong thick wire that's easy to use in frozen ground.
erp10
hunter

Postby txpanhandler » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:50 am

Yea I've really liked the stakes with the big Al's. get them in solid and they won't pop out when you go to pull the deke out of the ground. Have used some other silos where I have to grab the bottom of the stake to make sure I don't pull them apart. With frozen/hard ground it just is what it is, there's no self-drilling silo out there. These won't bend or snap though like some.
My favorite thing about the big Al's is the weight, suckers are super light, and they look real good. Get some and enjoy!
txpanhandler
hunter

Postby rew » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:23 pm

what kind of spread are you guys running with the silos. just mixing them in with full bodys and shells or just by them self
rew
hunter

Postby txpanhandler » Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:13 am

rew wrote:what kind of spread are you guys running with the silos. just mixing them in with full bodys and shells or just by them self

Mixing in with shells at random. Really if I had more silos would consider just running them. Like to have a few shells at least to lay under in the bare fields
txpanhandler
hunter

Postby bobalong » Sun Jan 27, 2013 1:04 am

I used Big Al's last fall and they worked great, light, easy to put up and pack up. I can set up 2 dozen in about 10 minutes. Early season where I hunt there are still lots of swaths out so I have to pack everything in, and these dekes are great for that. I have using other silos for the last few years and will adding another 2 or 3 dozen Big Al's for next year.
bobalong
hunter

Postby Takeem406 » Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:24 am

I've got six dozen. I've already flocked 3 and a half of them. All my hunts are walk in so it's my only choice. No more packing I am full bodies. That takes the fun out of hunting! The Als are very cost effective and light! No trailer needed!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 4
Takeem406
hunter

Postby O.D.Lid » Mon Sep 02, 2013 6:16 pm

what do you mean you flocked 1/2 of them? Just the heads or full body??
If the ocean was made of WHISKEY and I was a DUCK I'd swim to the bottom and get all F!@#% up!
O.D.Lid
hunter

Postby cuppedandkilled » Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:11 pm

O.D.Lid wrote:what do you mean you flocked 1/2 of them? Just the heads or full body??

He has 6 dozen total. He's flocked 3.5 dozen of those 6 dozen.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SIII
cuppedandkilled
hunter

Return to Goose Decoy Forum